Chapter 66

Songs:

Love Me Like You Do: Ellie Goulding

All of Me: John Legend

A.J.'s POV

I woke up with little pats on my face and groaning from somewhere beside me. When I blinked my eyes open, I saw a pair of beautiful big grey eyes staring at me. Tommy was patting my cheeks with his little hands saying something, but my brain still couldn't wrap my head around it. I looked over to my right, finding the source of the groaning.

While Tommy was patting my face, he was simultaneously kicking Harry's chest, trying to wake was both at the same time. "Wake. Up. It. Is. Christmas." Tommy was growing frustrated. "Santa. Came. Hurry."

Once I was fully awake and sitting up, he moved over to Harry, climbing over his chest and wagging his head back and forth until his eyes were opened. "Your mommy wants you to wake up," he demanded, patting Harry's forehead before climbing off the bed and running out of the room.

Harry looked up at me through swollen eyes a small smile finding itself on his face. "Morning," he said in a groggy voice.

I smiled back, kissing his full lips, "morning," I mumbled against his lips. "Come on before he comes back," I warned, climbing over him and off the bed.

I went to the bathroom first, quickly getting ready and brushing my teeth before heading downstairs where everyone was already gathered. I greeted everyone with a "Merry Christmas" before sitting next to Harry on the floor. We took turns passing out gifts while we ourselves opened up presents and our stockings, which I was surprised Anne had set one up for me as well, it even had my name embroidered in gold thread at the top.

We spent a good hour with everyone, enjoying our gifts and having a good time, when Harry pulled me up from the floor, asking me to follow him. I did as I was asked, sitting on the bed as he went to the closet.

"This is for you," he shoved a gift wrapped box onto my lap. It felt a little heavy.

I undid the perfect bow carefully before tearing at the pretty wrapping paper, which I did specifically to annoy Harry. He let out a loud huff, knowing exactly what I was doing. I smiled innocently hurrying to remove the rest of the paper until a wooden box was revealed. It was solid, real wood, the smooth surface had what looked like burned writing on it.

I ran my fingers over it, tracing the lettering.

I love you.

H.

"Open it," he urged, after I read the top of the box over and over again. I did as he asked, not prepared for what was inside.

The inside was covered in a blue velvet material that shimmered against the light. It was divided into two sections, the front part had what looked like various pictures scattered around, while the back had a flower laying across it. A lotus flower to be exact, but it looked strange, unreal. I took the note that was sitting along the stem, reading it as Harry watched on.

I never thought being in love could feel this way; agonizingly painful and breathtakingly amazing all at once. You have taken up a space in my heart that I didn't know was empty until I met you. I know it sounds cheesy, but you complete me. It feels like a piece of me is gone when I'm not with you. I don't understand it, and I don't want to. All I know is that I love you more than I ever thought was humanly possible. And I promise to love you with everything that I am, until this flower dies.