Chapter 57

Songs: 

FourFiveSeconds: Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney

Stars: Alessia Cara 

It Will Rain: Bruno Mars

A.J.'s POV

After dinner, Louis stayed with me a while longer, watching a few movies while Harry and his dad continued to work out on the patio. I tried to ask what it was for, but Harry just told me it was for his dad's girlfriend and not to come outside. I figured he probably wanted to just spend time alone with his dad, so I didn't read too much into it. Though, he didn't have to be so rude. Especially towards Louis who offered to help, but was shot down before he could even finish his sentence.

I didn't understand why he was being so damn rude to his best friend. I had half a mind to punch him for being a complete dick, but Louis stopped me, several times, insisting that he was fine and that he was used to it. I felt a little bad for him, he had to get the short end of their friendship, always putting up with his bullshit, because no one else would. For that simple reason, I loved Louis. He never complained, just took it all, never failing to call Harry out on his nasty behavior, he also never, ever took Harry's insults to heart. He listened to his cruel words and nod at his rolling eyes or quiet scoffs, offering some of his own, but always shrugged him off, which annoyed Harry to no end. I swear, they were like an old married couple; Harry was the grumpy old man and Louis was the cheery old wife that put the other in his place when needed. I loved it.

After shared popcorn and ice cream, one horror movie and one comedy to ease myself out of my frightened state before bed, Louis had called it a night. He insisted that I had kept him way to busy all day and that I had drained him, which earned him a good twelve hours of sleep. I swear he exaggerated more than anyone I had ever met, he even beat out Samara. 

Two hours of tossing in turning in an otherwise empty, large, cold bed, I decided to grab a snack. I made my way to the kitchen, turning on every light as I did, I was not about to be surprised by some evil ass spirit thing trying to posses me or kill me, or both. No, no, no, not tonight, no thank you. I grabbed a juice box and a cold piece of pizza that was left over from dinner, sitting at the kitchen island as I looked through my phone trying to distract myself from not paying attention to the little noises I could hear throughout the apartment. It was just rats. I thought to myself. I can deal with rats. Rats are a good thing. There are a few texts from Chris, Louis and Olivia and a missed call from my grandpa Max. I ignored the call, answering the texts before throwing it back in my pocket of my over-sized sweats.

The patio door slid open, a sawdust and sweat covered Harry popping through. "What are you doing up?" He asked, sounding angry.

"Bored," I answered with only half the truth raising the pizza slice and juice box up. I was not about to admit to him that I was scared over the movie, that would give him enough reason to say "I told you so", and I really wouldn't have handled that well, not tonight at least.

I watched as he walked around the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle. He stood across from me on the other side of the island, his eyes burning into me. I don't know why, but the way he was looking at me was pissing me off, deep, deep down.

"I'm going to bed, I'm not in the mood for you right now," I pushed the pizza aside along with the juice and started to make my way out of the kitchen.

I went to our room and picked out some clothes for tomorrow and a few other things I would need. Something came over me, and I didn't feel like spending the night in the same room as Harry, let alone the same bed.