Chapter 87

Songs:

Creep: Radionhead

No Me Ames: Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony

You're My Waterloo: The Libertines

A.J.'s POV

I walked around my office after a long day. It was a little weird being here after so long. Olivia and Samara noticed something was different, but they didn't say anything. Each one wrapped me in their arms me for an uncomfortable amount of time. I suppose they knew, if they didn't, it was sort of evident when there was a lack of a baby bump. Samara, subtly mentioned about our time in London almost being up, telling me about her and Chris' plans and asking me about what I was going to do.

Her question had been bugging me all day. I didn't know what I was going to do. Up until a few days ago, I was going to live here until further notice, that had been my decision; to live in London with Harry and our baby. Now, I had no baby, I had no reason to stay in London anymore. Harry and I were still together, technically, but how long was that going to last? This was my fault and I couldn't stay with him with that on my conscious.

This whole getting pregnant thing was nothing more than an accident. Something that I wouldn't allow to happen again. Yes, it was a beautiful experience, while it lasted, and it was the happiest I had ever been, but it was still just an accident. Something I never wanted to do again. I didn't want to fall in love with someone, again, and have it ripped apart from me; make me feel hallow, again. Like I had before I met, Harry. I was back to square one. I didn't even know if I could even love, Harry the same way anymore. There was only one thing I could do that would benefit both of us.

I had to leave London. I had to move back to L.A.. I had to break up with him. I owed him that much.

Once I made up my mind, I stopped the pacing in my office and packed my things into my purse. It was late, but it was early enough that I knew, Harry wouldn't be home just yet. I would still have a few hours to pack and, possibly change my mind. I didn't want to leave him, I loved him. I loved him with everything I had left, but that wasn't enough. Not for him. He deserved so much more than I could give him.

The drive home was rather, long. The distance was the same as usual, but the agonizing silence between, Pete and I was unbearable. It was awkward, especially after what had happened and how he found me days ago. I had gone completely crazy and he, along with Landon had been there to witness it. They both watched me crumple to the lowest point I had ever been. They had seen me broken.

As soon as, Pete parked the car, I mumbled a thank you before rushing into the house. Looking around our beautifully decorated home, I realized, I really didn't need to pack anything. I had clothes back in L.A., aside from my dad's piano, I didn't have any furniture I was attached to. The only things I really needed were my dad's painting and Robbie's baseball, though, considering they were part of, Harry's gift, maybe I could do without them, I had for so long, anyway.

My books, I needed those, along with my journals and important paperwork. That's all I really needed. Boxes, I'd need those. Damn, I needed them so much I should just stack them up and keep them handy for the next time I decided to move.

Since I had no boxes to start packing my books, I decided to gather the paperwork. It was easy enough and it was something. I went to the home office, making my way to the safe hidden behind my dad's painting. All hope vanished when I noticed the combination lock on the safe, reminding me that I had no idea what the code was. Harry had told me what it was, but I didn't pay attention, I never thought I would need it.

I racked my brain trying every number combination I could think of. My first try had been Harry's birthday, then mine, Anne's, Gemma's, the date One Direction was formed. Everything. But, nothing was taking.