Chapter 18

Song:

Have You Ever: Brandy

Harry's POV

I had spent most of the night trying to convince myself that, not being with Katarina was probably for the best. But, as much as I tried to find one single reason as to why I shouldn't be with her, I instead came up with ten as to why I should. I had stared at my phone, switching from Katarina's contact info, debating weather or not I should call her to my photo album, where I had flipped through the many pictures I had taken of us since the day we had met, and the pictures I had taken of her while she wasn't noticing. She was absolutely perfect, and I loved her. I had never believed in love at first sight, it was a ridiculous notion, it was impossible to love someone without truly knowing them. This was different than I had expected, from the first moment I had met her, I had loved her in instantly, no matter how hard I had tried to stop it.

Yet, here I was, alone in my flat, without her because I had screwed up. I thought back, trying to piece the night together. Once we had gotten to the penthouse, I was determined, not to let, Katarina out of my sight. I saw the looks, Stephen had been giving her since the moment he laid eyes on her. Despite our playful attitudes and her naive blindness to Stephen's obvious flirtation, it still pissed me off. After a brief chat with her so called brothers, Chris and Johnny, Stephen had made his presence known. He went on and on about how he would make Katarina his, which pissed me off to say the least. After that, I couldn't think straight. 

I honestly don't remember when or how those girls came and sat by me or why I had said the things that I said. The only thing that had snapped me out of whatever state I was in was the sound of Louis's voice asking her if she was okay. She had been gasping for air, her face changing to a shade of red and tears threatening to escape her eyes.

Watching her, I felt so hopeless. I wanted desperately to help her, I didn't know how. I didn't even know she had asthma, I tried not to let the fact that, Louis, of all people knew exactly what to do to help her, when I hadn't a clue. I was supposed to be the one to help her, but instead, I was the one who had caused her that pain.

I had been sitting in my car, outside her house for over an hour trying to decide if I should leave, or go knock on her front door. Once I had gathered as much courage as I could come up with and walked to her front door, knocking and ringing the doorbell.

I was greeted by, Samara, whose face went from a fit of laughter to stone cold murderous in a split second. "You have some nerve, showing up here," she spit, her eyes narrowing at me. "I don't know what happened last night, but I know it was your fault."

"Who is it," I heard Katarina's voice call from somewhere inside the house. Her voice sounded low and fraile.

"It's no one," Samara responded to her as she was about to shut the door.

Before the door slammed on my face, another set of hands pulled it open, Katarina came into view. She looked tired. Her hair was in a messy bun at the top of her head, she was in sweatpants and an old t-shirt that was covered in holes, not a stitch of makeup. She was still breathtaking.

Her eyes dropped as she saw it was me who was at the door. "Harry," her voice was soft and low. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she nodded to Samara as though to let her know she would be fine.

Samara gave me one final look full of hatred, "Just because you're a gorgeous human being, doesn't give you the right to treat people like shit," she said as she left us alone.

Katarina rolled her eyes, trying not to laugh as she stepped outside, closing the door behind her. I wanted nothing more than to wrap her in my arms and never let go. I hated this feeling of distance, I wanted us to go back to our time at the cabin. We were happy there, smiling, laughing, completely oblivious to the outside world. I didn't want to be here in this moment of despair and uncertainty.