Chapter 54

Songs:

The Best Thing About Me Is You: Rickly Martin

I Won't Give Up: Jason Mraz

More Than Words: Extreme

A.J.'s POV

My body was sore from the hours we spent on planes trying to get back home. Well, it was also partly from Harry making me a member of the lucid "mile high club". Which was rather easy to do in a private plane. I learned that he too hated flying private, which we both quickly got over once we started our activities. My head was also aching, but that was from laughing too hard during the last two hours of our second flight, after we decided it was time to behave. Harry told joke after joke, after joke, none of them were particularly funny, well they were just plain stupid, but the amusement it caused him was enough to send me in fits of laughter, every time, even when he repeated some of them. It was astonishing how many of those unfunny jokes he counted on in his repertoire.

"Harry, I swear if this is the hula hoop one again, I will punch you," I interrupted his knock knock joke as we made our way through the airport, looking for any sign of Chris who was supposed to pick us up. There were some people who asked for autographs and pictures, which I didn't mind. What I did mind was swarms of reporters, asking him stupid questions or making rude remarks which I knew bothered him. Luckily there weren't any here today.

He pouted with inflated cheeks, making him look absolutely adorable. "You like it," he said in a childish voice.

Before I could respond, I noticed Chris standing off to the side, waiting for us. I sighed, letting out a breath of relief at the sight of a familiar face. I literally ran to him, crashing into his expecting arms just like a small child. I wrapped my arms around my best friend that I hadn't seen in two weeks. Never in the history of our six year friendship had I ever been apart from him that long. Not even when he would tour did I stop seeing him with frequency, the most I had ever been apart from him was four days, and we thought that was agony.

When I finally let him go, he placed me firmly on the ground, pushing me slightly away so he could look me up and down. "Dude, you got darker," he mused before looking at Harry. "You both did," he corrected as he said hi to him, which Harry responded with a hi back.

"So, how is your grandpa and Alex? I haven't seen them in a minute," he asked, taking my bags from me.

"They're fine, my grandpa said you better go next time," I passed along the message. My grandpa loved Chris and Samara, well, he tended to love anyone, so I don't know if that counts. "Oh and I have some news for you," I threw in causally, linking my arm with Harry's so he wouldn't feel neglected.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, expecting some crazy news. "Olivia is going to be your new roommate, just until she figures out what to do, she'll be here on Monday, I'm sorry," I rushed the words, earning a chuckle from Harry.

"She's finally leaving mother dearest?" He asked, not really caring about having someone move into his home. I nodded, looking at him with pleading eyes. "That's fine, I don't mind, I like Olivia," he added, tilting his head to the side.

We talked about our trip and what Chris had been up to the last two weeks as we made our way to a restaurant at his invitation once he heard my stomach growling. It was something about the way they both demanded I eat that sent my blood boiling. They were treating me like a child, something that they both often did, despite my being vocal about how much I hated it. I could sort of deal with one of them acting that way, but now there were two and I was out numbered.

To be honest, I hadn't really eaten anything because the nausea I had felt days prior had taken up permanent vacancy in my tummy. It would come and go in waves, but it was there, lingering and waiting for the moment I felt okay to make an appearance again. Since it was the only thing I was able to stomach, I ordered a small plate of fruit. I picked at it, shoving small bites into my mouth and taking forever to chew before I swallowed. Neither of them really noticed since they were both busy talking about god knows what, I really wasn't paying them much attention.