Chapter 63

Songs:

In For The Kill: La Roux

Is This Love: Bob Marley

The Best Thing About Me Is You: Ricky Martin

A.J.'s POV

When I woke the next morning, I was alone in bed, fully clothed, in sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. I rubbed my eyes, looking around trying to see if I could find Harry, but he was nowhere in sight. I instantly felt the reminder of last night when I stood up, I really hoped the ache would subside after a hot shower, it would be awkward to walk around funny with Harry's family to judge.

Once I was ready, I made my way down the stairs, he had probably went down to be with his family, though it was odd. I had expected him to take advantage and sleep in as long as he could. Finding the living room empty, I headed to the kitchen. The room was filled with laughs and a small giggle, Anne and Gemma were laughing their heads off while Tommy looked on with a giggle and a smug smile. He probably said something cute.

"Auntie Kit, you're awake," he yelled hoping off the booster seat and running towards me.

I picked him up, giving him a bunch of kisses before turning my attention towards the two ladies, offering them a good morning each. Both of them returned the sentiment with a warm smile.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked, settling Tommy back in his seat.

"They just went out to grab some breakfast," Gemma answered as she continued to color with Tommy. I loved the fact that she was so good with him. It was effortless and not forced in the slightest. And Tommy seemed to enjoy her company as well, so that was a plus.

"Have some coffee while you wait, dear," Anne offered, handing me a mug from the cabinet. I thanked her, walking over to the pot and serving myself.

Wait. Coffee. Was I allowed to drink coffee? I searched my pockets for my phone, hoping the internet could shed some light on my current predicament, but I remembered I left it charging upstairs. I remember hearing somewhere that you shouldn't drink caffeine while pregnant, since I wasn't sure, I was going to go off of that information.

Not knowing what to do with the freshly served mug, I carried it back to the table, sitting next to Anne, across from Gemma and Tommy, joining them in their coloring session. I just hoped Harry would show up soon. He had a habit of drinking my coffee, claiming that mine tasted better than his. This would be the only time I would be okay with him drinking my coffee.

Moments later, my prayers were answered when Robin, Mike, Johnny and Harry walked into the kitchen with bags of food. I smiled as my eyes locked with Harry's. The moment was cut way too short when Alice appeared behind him, not hesitating to let herself be known. I sighed, loudly, not caring who heard at this point, it wasn't like it was a big secret that I didn't like her. As much as I smiled, I knew it was evident to Anne and Gemma that I couldn't stand her. Like Harry, they easily saw right through me. I didn't know what it was about this family with their warm hugs and knowing selves, but I felt a mix of annoyance for not being able to hide things like I usually do and comfort for not having to.

Harry set the bags he was carrying on the table as he sat on his mom's lap, grabbing the mug from me. "Share?" He asked as he lifted the mug to his lips, not bothering to wait for my answer.

"Harry, don't be rude, go make your own," his mom smacked him playfully.

"She likes to share," he grinned taking another sip before handing it back.

"Keep it, I'll go make another," I lied, sliding it back to him. He looked at me curiously for a moment, taking it before I changed my mind.

"See," he wiggled his eyebrows at his mom, taking another sip. "She, kinda likes me," he grinned.