Chapter 16

Songs:

Before He Cheats: Carrie Underwood

Leave: Jo Jo

Wake Up Call: Maroon 5

If I were A Boy: Beyonce

A.J.'s Pov

Aside from Harry's semi altercation with Stephen, our night was going pretty well. Harry was being extra flirty. I had a stinging feeling that he was only doing it to annoy Stephen, but I chose to think that he was just really happy to be out with me. When we entered, Johnny's penthouse, the place was rather calm for a party to be taking place.

"Hey, Kit," Johnny greeted me with a giant hug. "Twice in the same week, I'm honored," he said as he led me in, Harry never letting go of my hand. "What's all this?" He asked gesturing towards our hands.

"They're lovers," Chris interrupted as if anyone was talking to him.

Johnny playfully pulled me into his arms, Harry still didn't let go of my hand. "I do not recall authorizing any such paperwork and since when are you allowed to look so girly?" He questioned me.

"That's what I said," Chris yelled over his shoulder as he poured himself a drink.

"I'll fill out any necessary paperwork," Harry played along, finally letting my hand go.

Now with both hands free, I pushed myself away from Johnny, desperately needing some air. "That's all nice and dandy gentlemen, but I am not a piece of property and I can make my own decisions, thank you very much."

"We're just looking out for you, plus it was Robbie who made up the rules, so take it up with him," he said with a smirk, earning him a punch to his bicep before I joined the rest of the crowd, leaving Harry to deal with Johnny and Chris. I sat on the couch with Niall and Ed, who had decided to play with some of Johnny's guitars that he had set up in his living room, which I assumed was for this particular reason, because he couldn't play an instrument if his life depended on it.

After about half an hour of us just messing around with the guitar and singing, Chris came from wherever he had disappeared to, joining us on the edge of the armrest. I looked around to see if I spotted Harry, but he was nowhere to be found. I found myself a little irritated, but decided not to let it get to me. We were at a party, here to have fun. About another half hour passed and the penthouse was starting to look more like a party, yet Harry was still missing in action.

"Come on join us for a drink," Niall captured my attention, handing my a tall glass of some dark brown liquid.

"No, thank you."

"Come on, Sloan, you're an Irish woman, it's your duty," he insisted with a large smile.

I looked at him and the glass hesitantly before I took it from him, if Harry and everyone else in this place could have a good time, so could I, besides it was pretty hard to say no to that infectious smile. A small part of me wanted to decline, knowing that someone should be responsible, but I was always the responsible one, it was my turn to have some fun. I took the glass from him, finishing it off in one large gulp before I chickened out.

"Holy crap, you are Irish," Niall laughed, taking my glass to refill it. Instead of declining, I gladly accepted, not caring at this point.

Yet another half an hour passed and there was still no sign of Harry, but this time I decided not to let it bother me. Instead of getting angry or leaving the party, I pushed any thoughts of my so called bo out of my mind, choosing to dance with Samara, Louis, and some other people who I didn't recognize while Niall kept my glass full of whatever dark liquid he was giving me. I took a sip of each, but I ultimately ended up giving them to Samara, who was more than happy to take them off my hands.