Chapter 43

Songs:

What Now: Rihanna

Dark Times: The Weeknd Ft. Ed Sheeran

Lyin King: Jhene Aiko

Yesterday: The Beatles

A.J.'s POV

After a very long flight, we finally made it to Dallas. Harry had spent half the flight being grumpy and annoying, and the other half sleeping. I tried to ignore him while he was awake, reading a book and successfully finishing it off by the time we had landed. Thank goodness that it was a nonstop flight instead of many connecting ones. That would have been miserable, especially with Harry being as grumpy as he was. Though it was probably because we had to wake up so early to make our flight, so I decided not to hold it against him.

I tried to carry my own bags, but Harry insisted, well practically pried my bags from me. He was still in a grumpy mood, but he was still trying to be as kind as he could be. I followed him through the hotel until we made it to the room we were sharing. I told him that I could get my own room , that way my sleeping habits wouldn't bother him. He just answered with a simple explanation of him having to wake up early anyway.

I pulled out my phone, I was suddenly hungry and I didn't want to order room service. We were in Texas, might as well enjoy the food. The knock on the door interrupted my research. I wasn't going to answer it since it was Harry's room and we were here on his behalf, but he had disappeared into the bathroom.

I called out for Harry, but there was no response and the knocks just got louder and more annoying. I went to the door, pulling it open, surprised, yet happy at what I was met with.

"Sammy?" I questioned, not sure if it was really her or if I was imagining it from lack of sleep.

"'Sup girl," she teased with a small smirk, leaning against the door frame.

I pulled her in, hugging her tightly, glad to have her here. I was already feeling alone and out of place. "What are you doing here?"

"I got here last night with Niall," she let go of me, moving to sit down on the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I could ask you the same thing, but after I found out you were coming, I decided not to tell you so I could surprise you," she smirked. "Surprise!"

Just as I sat down next to her, Harry exited the bathroom with a simple, "hey," towards Sam before laying down belly first on on the opposite side of the bed.

"You knew she was coming?" I asked him, slightly turning around to see him.

A small, lazy smile appeared on his face. "'Course," he mumbled. "I know everything."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidnapping Gemma and Lottie and we're going to dinner," I informed Harry with a quick peck on his lips before getting my bag, changing and heading out. He didn't really protest, other than a few moans. But, he made no move to stop me, I knew he had to go to a rehearsal and he was hoping to get in a small nap in before that.

I should have showered, but I was too hungry to care. We went around the hotel, gathering the girls and anyone else who wanted to join us. Niall of course wanted to come, but he also had rehearsals, so he was out of luck.

After we had our dinner, we went out exploring the city. They wanted to go shopping, so there was that. I ended up buying Harry a few things, nothing crazy, just a few shirt I selfishly thought I would enjoy him in.

"Do you love my brother?" Gemma asked, linking her arm up with mine.

I smiled at her, "I do, a lot," I admitted. She returned the smile. "Do you love mine?" I returned the question.