Chapter 74

Songs: 

Simply Amazing: Trey Songz

Yours: Ella Henderson

What Love Has Joined Together: Mary Wells

A.J.'s POV

"Let's go on holiday?" Harry casually asked through yawns as we waited for the doctor to come in. Clearly it was still too early for him to be forming coherent thoughts.

It was finally Monday morning and it was the day of my first official prenatal appointment. I told Harry that the first was just to make sure I really was pregnant. Which was partially true, it technically was just so I could get my blood work results, I just happened to leave the part out about my, interrupting the doctor while he was giving me instructions on how to take care of my baby and all that other good stuff to beg for an abortion. I'm not sure how well that conversation would have gone.

Like before, I asked for privacy, hence the being here at seven in the morning, before anyone would get here. It was a little eerie walking down empty hallways, knowing we were the only ones here, except for the doctor and the nurse. But, Harry agreed with me that it was probably best this way so the media wouldn't catch wind of this, not so soon anyway. We both wanted to keep our baby just a little secret between the two of us like the selfish people we are.

"Why do you want to do that?" I questioned him, shifting uncomfortably in my seat. I was nervous about this appointment.

Although I had warned the doctor to not mention my plans for abortion, I was still afraid that something might slip out. I don't know why I was so afraid of, Harry knowing, but I was. Getting an abortion was something that I had never thought I would do. Sure, I was against people having kids they didn't want, but I never believed in taking a life in that way. I don't think I was ever going to go through with it, I was just afraid and the possibility made me feel, I don't even know. When I had the option of having the abortion, I was beyond scared. Probably the most afraid I had been in my entire life. I wasn't scared of being a mom at that point, I think I had sort of already accepted it, without even realizing it. I think I was afraid of having the possibility of ending my child's life, I was scared that the thought had even crossed my mind and I was so close to not having this piece of us with me anymore. I was afraid of myself and my own flaws.

"I just think we should travel, just me and you, you said traveling has always been your dream, might as well? You know? Before the baby gets here and we're parents and have to be responsible." He spoke with his beautiful smile present, his thumb swirling over the back of my hand that was captured in his while his other dug through my purse to fetch his journal.

We had spent all weekend writing down questions we both wanted to ask the doctor. By late last night, we had filled up two pages front and back full of questions. There would have been more, but I had to put a stop to his madness, otherwise he would have filled up the entire rest of his journal.

"Good morning," the doctor greeted us cheerfully. "Ms. sloan, great to see you again," he smiled warmly at me. "And you must be the father, Mr. Styles, right?" He extended his hand to Harry, who shook his hand rather roughly. "Well, let's get started shall we?"

"Now, you are officially six weeks, so we might be able to hear a heartbeat, if we don't that's just fine, we can try again in a few weeks," he smiled reassuringly to the both of us, who were now quiet and scared.

I laid back as I was instructed, gripping Harry's hand as we both turned our attention the the monitor to my right. After the uncomfortable intrusion, Dr. Stephens talked us through the process. Like last time, there was a lot of weird noises coming from the machine, but this time there was something slightly different. It was something fast and almost scary.