Chapter 40

Songs:

Don't Let Me Down: The Beatles

Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Queen

Gonna Love Ya: Avicii

Two Lovers: Mary Wells

Only Love Can Hurt Like This: Paloma Faith

Yours: Ella Henderson

Like I'm Gonna Lose You: meghan Trainor

A.M.: One direction

A.J.'s POV

I didn't know why I had just burst out into a song in the middle of a restaurant. Especially singing a One Direction song, but I loved it. It was freeing and exciting. Momentarily, Harry had been smiling, until his scowl returned. I was glad we weren't going back home, I wasn't tired and I couldn't handle his mood to stay up and deal with him. At least with our friends, I would have a fun time and not have to worry too much about him.

The rest of our wait was spent in virtual silence, though I had been singing songs up in my head to keep my occupied. I had answered a few texts from Sam and Louis too, but later ignored them. Even though Harold was being a brat, I still felt rude texting while I was with him. I had noticed him trying to see who it was I was texting so I showed him. I had nothing to hide. I was only talking to my best friend and his.

Once our order was ready, I was quick to pay before Harry was able to find his wallet. Although we weren't being so friendly at the moment, I couldn't help but chuckle at his frustrated face when I beat him to pay.

I didn't protest when he took all the bags of food. He had large enough hands and was determined.

The fifteen or twenty minute drive back to my old home was again silent, except the music I decided to play from my phone. I almost made conversation with him a few times, but decided against it. Instead I continued to singing along with the songs playing, smiling as each one brought back a different, happy memory. Most of them of Harry.

When we arrived and got out of the car, I bumped into Harry as I searched through my purse for my keys.

"Ow," I groaned, stumbling back a bit. I didn't run into him hard enough to make me fall, but it was hard enough that the crash against his body, hurt my already aching one.

Once he was sure I was fine, he stopped me once more, making me face him. "Why aren't you pissed?" He finally asked, anger evident in his eyes and voice. I watched as he set all the food and shakes on the last stair of the front steps.

I looked at him for a moment before answering. "You're acting like this because you think I'm not angry?" I scoffed, my brows knitting together as I connected the dots. He was playing with my emotions the entire time. He knew exactly what he was doing when he was with Madison. It wasn't him being nice and polite or even naive to her intentions. Everything he did was him trying to make me jealous and angry. And everything after, was him being angry because I hadn't gotten jealous enough for his liking.

Of course I had gotten jealous and hurt. Who the hell did he think I was? Mother Theresa?

I fought the tears that began to form around my eyes, wrapping my arms around myself, something I had done enough for my liking tonight. "I am pissed, Harry. I'm angry and sad and hurt and so many other things that I don't even understand yet. It took everything inside of me not to walk over to the both of you and tear her from you and slap the shit out of her and you for that matter. I hated feeling like that. Like I needed to defend our relationship in that way. But, I trust you," I spoke the last words softly.