60

Katniss mother pov

We sit in the meadow. Katniss and Gale in the spot that they have always had. The children run around and play tag. Hazelle and I sit on a quilt and just enjoy the serninity.

My eyes stray on Katniss and Gale. They sit in a crevice in the valley overlooking a pasture. I can only imagine how they feel. If I lost a child, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I think of everything that has happened since the baby died.
Katniss and Gale grew closer.

They couldn't go a couple minutes without seeing eachother.

Gale went home a couple days ago to go get some herbs for a stew I was making, and Katniss had a full blow panic attack. He was only gone five minutes. The second he left, her face drained of color. Two minutes passed, and she was breathing hard and crying. By the time he got back, she was a heap on the floor, paralyzed with fear that something bad had happened to him.

As I look at them now, I tell hazelle about it.

"Gale is the same way. When he came back to our house to help me out with something, he got nervous and ran back over to make sure Katniss was okay. Every five minutes he would leave to check on her."

Hearing this makes me really nervous. Katniss or Gale simply physically could not survive without eachother.

Maybe it's a good thing. I look towards them in the nook in the valley. Katniss looks asleep. Her head is resting on gales shoulder.