26

Katniss pov

A while ago when Gale and I were out in the woods he watched intently as I braided my hair. One day, he decided to try. Of course, his long fingers made for intricate snare work perfectly braided my hair. For some reason, I loved it when he braided my hair. I loved it when I would wear his jacket. It made my smile. It made me feel safe.

We were out in the woods. We had just woke up a few minutes ago. Gales hand was wrapped around mine. Walked for a little while longer, until, out of the sky, Gale said: "Katniss. I love you. I don't want you to get hurt. I want to protect you from everything that hurts you. I love you. And I want to help you feel better." I smiled. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to his. Time slowed down. His hand gently caressed my check. I was so comforted. I felt warm. We broke apart. Our foreheads remained together. "You already have made me feel better. I love you... I love you." I said. He pressed our lips back together. A thousand thoughts slowly corsed through my mind. I would be ok. I love Gale. I can be ok with him. My arms wrapped around him. We finally broke apart. I smiled so big I felt my face flush. He smiled back. "Katniss. Never forget that I love you nomatter what. I love you anytime of the year. I loved you since the second I met you. And that's never gonna change."

We walked back to camp. His arm was wrapped around me. I had a big smile on my face. I don't care if my mother sees me and Gale together. I don't care if anyone sees. I love him to much to care. I saw a glint in his eye. He felt the same.