Part 12

Gale pov

"Katniss!!!" I yelled. I don't care if it scared off the game. I just wanted to find her. "Katniss where are you" I yelled again. Then I herd it. A small cry from a little ways in front of me. "Katniss?!" I yelled. "Gale..." She moaned back. "Are you hurt? Where are you?" I searched around until I found her. She was lying on the ground. She had a cut on her head, not to deep fortunately. And she had dirt on her face and her eyes were filled with tears. "Oh no... What happend?" I asked her as I brushed the hair away from her face. "I don't know. It was a dog I think" she said. I could tell she was bruised badly. I noticed another cut on her check. "We got to get you back" I say. She tries to stand up. "No no I got you." I say as I pick her up into my arms. I see a pained expression on her face. "I'm sorry." I say. "Should have just followed you in the woods." I say. "No it's not your fault." She choked out. I could tell she was in pain.
We finally make it back to camp. I roused mrs Everdeen out of her slumber. She hurriedly got to work on Katniss. I held her small hand with both of mine. She bit down on the inside of her check as her mother cleaned her up to keep from yelling out in pain. "Can you give her something so it's less painful?" I pleaded. "Yes I have something." She said back. She had Katniss drink something down. She layed back down. Her eyes became droopy. I brushed away the little pieces of hair that always seem to get in her face. "Alright. She just needs rest" said mrs. Everdeen. She went over to her bed. There was nothing she could do for her now. Katniss's eyes continued to droop. I picked her up and gently put her on the grass mats. She shivered. I layed down next to her and carefully wrapped my arms around her, so I wouldn't hurt her. "You ok?" I whispered. "Yeah" she sighed. I kissed the top of her head. Her hair smelled like flowers. She buried her head inside my shoulder. I could tell that even that hurt. I gently rubbed her back. I felt her muscles relax. Before I knew it, she was asleep in my arms. I love her. Only her. I love my catnip. I never told her. What if it ruined everything. But now she was asleep, I looked as her small body. She looked so much smaller and younger. Like the little kid I ran into when I was hunting five years ago. Five years. Wow. I had known her five years. "You still up catnip?" I whispered. "Yeah" she whispered. "My head hurts." I run my finger over the cut on her head. I pull her closer and softly kiss her head where it was cut. Her eyes drooped a little. Soon she was sleeping. I could tell from her steady breathing. I my lips were still on her forehead. I feel asleep. "Love you'' I mumbled as I drifted asleep.