Part 3

Katniss mother pov

There movements were almost machine. They understood so fully eachothers movements. They even seemed to read eachothers minds. A few times as we were walking through their precious woods they looked deep into eachothers eyes. Then one nodded. The other nodded. They could read eachothers minds.
                 I also noticed how they walked. So close that their shoulders touched. Their hands grazed eachother as they walked. A few times one looked at the other and smiled. Katniss actually smiled. I've never ever seen Katniss smile. I guess he is the only one who can make her smile. They keep walking. Katniss picks off rabbits and turkeys as we walk while Gale sets snares. Again, they seem to read eachothers minds.

They know these woods so well. They hunt so quietly. They have such good aim. They enjoy it out here. This is their heaven. And I can see it on there faces.

The day begins to wind down. We all gather firewood. Katniss and Gale sit together under a tree skinning the meat they shot. Katniss took the skins and fur off, then passed it to Gale who butcherd the meat into clean cuts. This took them about a half hour. When they were done, Katniss took off her quiver of arrows, grabbed a clump of moss, layed her head down on gales shoulder, and went to work cleaning the grime off her arrow tips while Gale wrapped the game in leafy coverings. I realized this wasn't something they just decided to do. They did this every single time they came to the woods. Machine like. I thought. They seemed comfortable next to eachother. Gale leaned his head down to where Katniss's head was on his shoulder and whispered something into her hair. She looked up and whispered something else. She looked a little worried.