30

Katniss mother pov

I hear prim wake. She is standing by Katniss and Gale. She looks sad. As I walk over to her, I notice the tear stains on Katniss's face. Gales lips are hovering over her forehead. Just barely touching. Hers are next to his chin. I feel sad. No wonder prim looked so distraught.

A while later while prim and I were sitting by the fire, Katniss and Gale woke up and came by us. We sat eating for a while until Vick came running over to us. "Guys I got the radio to work!" We all listened in. It was a tiny beat up metal box with a few knobs. They usually never worked. "The situation in panem gets worse. The fire that the mockingjay Katniss everdeen started by painting the mockingjay on the young girl in the 74th annual hunger games has inspired many to revolt against the Capitol. Join the fight that the mockingjay started"
Then it went quiet. Every drop of color drained out of Katniss's face. "I... I didn't mean...." She stuttered. Then she got up and sprinted off. Gale got up to follow her. Katniss didn't get far before Gale caught up with her. She stopped running. I could t hear what they were saying, something like Katniss saying she didn't mean anyone to get hurt. Gale pulled her into a hug. I watched as Katniss's face relaxed. This wasn't good. They would come looking for us. We left notes at our houses saying we all committed suicide. Would they believe them if they came looking? Hopefully. Hopefully.