39

Katniss mother pov

The Hawthornes moved into the house next to ours, but Katniss and Gale can't have their own house for a while, because the damage in the other victors village houses was worse on the inside than on the outside.

I could tell Katniss was upset and even scared about this. She hasn't been farther than a couple feet from Gale in the past year.

So the Hawthornes pack up their couple of belongings and walk to the house next to ours, a couple yards away.

Katniss was doing fine until the nightmares hit that night

I came into her room, she was screaming.

"Katniss! It's ok! Your ok!" I said. I knew that their was no way that I could help.

"Mom-" she did with ragged breaths.
"Can I call Gale?" She says desperately.

She barley waits for my answer before running to the phone and dialing the number to their house.

"Gale..." She breaks into tears at hearing his voice.
"Can I-can I come over.." She says between sobs.
They talk for a little while, Katniss won't stop crying
"Ok.. I love you too." She says. She hangs up the phone.

"He's coming over." She says. Tears still stream down her face.
She falls to the floor, sitting agains the wall

Just at that moment, Gale comes through the door.

Katniss stands up. Gale wraps his arms around her so tightly I can barley see her. I can her Katniss's muffled cries through his embrace.

"What happened catnip.." He asks gently.

"I had a nightmare, but it was so real. I thought that they took you. And then I woke up and you weren't there. You were always right next to me and when you weren't I thought it was real.."

Sobs racked her body. She started to fall apart. She kept crying.

"I can never escape this I can never be free of this." She keeps saying.

"I'm stuck in my head forever!!"

She starts breathing heavy and crying.

Gale picks her up of the floor and stands her up right.

He brushes his hand through her hair, and she starts to calm down. Silent tears fall off of her checks.

"I'm sorry.." She whispers.

"It's ok catnip. I'm always here for you.."

"Can you stay?" She says almost inaudiblly.

"Of course."

He wraps her in his arms again. She's still shaking a little bit.

I can only imagine what she must be feeling, the pain she must be feeling right now.

Katniss lets out a little whimper. I can tell she's trying to hide her sadness a little, and she looks extremely tired.

"Come on, let's get you in bed."
Gale says.

He picks her up gently in his arms and carries her up the stairs. I see a tear fall from his face as he rounds the corner towards Katniss's room.

When I wake up, they are still asleep. Closer then they have ever been. Gales face is buried in Katniss's hair, and his lips just graze her check. Katniss's small arms are wrapped around him. But fresh tears stain her olive checks.

Katniss is so fragile, but he loves her more than anything. He loves her so much, he would give up his life for her.

MORE TO COME HOPE U LIKE