42

Gale pov

"-we woke up. And she was coughing and choking. We didn't hear anything all night!" My mother hazelle said frantically.

Posy lay on our couch, almost lifeless except for her jagged rough breathing. She was fighting hard, but she was so little. I don't know how much longer she could hold on.

Hours pass, posy slips farther and farther away.

And at exactly 11:56 pm, posy, my little sister, my little ray of sunshine, had passed away.

I don't cry very often. I've only really cried a few times. When Katniss was in the games, and now.

My little girl

My little sister was gone...

I fell onto my knees next to her and cried. I held her perfect little hand. It was cold. "Posy..." I whispered.

Katniss knelt next to me. She was being very cautious, and not touching me. But I wanted to be as close to her a possible. I needed her now.

I wrapped my arm around her, still crying. Everyone else was beside themselves with tears. Screaming and crying surrounded me. But I sat there knelt next to my baby sister holding onto Katniss like she was dear life. She had silent tears running down her face. I pulled her closer, and she delicately put her beautiful head on my shoulder.
"I'm so sorry Gale.." She said. Her voice was thick with sadness.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She said.
I turned my head and kissed her temple. Her chin was wobbling.

We wrapped up little posy in her favorite blanket and put her in a coffin. We buried her outside in the flower garden.

We all slowly walked inside. I was tired and sad. I sat on the couch, and before I knew it, I was lying down and drifting off to sleep. I feel Katniss's hand brush through my hair, telling me to close my eyes. I look into her big grey ones. They are filled to the top with tears. I could tell that this was almost to much for her to handle, but she was putting on a brave face for me. I fell asleep to Katniss brushing through my hair, and the sound of posy's laugh playing in my head over and over again...