59

Katniss pov

After we go to the hob, we decide to walk a little ways into the woods, to our spot, our little nook in the valley. I lean my head on him as he draws me closer.

"What are we gonna do catnip." Gale whispers.

"We're gonna get through this. We have to. For both posy's. We have to get better for them."

I say in a shaky voice. I hate when I do that. Because I know that it's the worse thing to hear, the sound of your voice finally breaking before you're about to cry.

Gale lifts my chin up to look at him. I can see his eyes are watery. He leans in and kisses me. I kiss him back. He gently puts his hand on my cheek. This I the first time we've kissed in a long time. I had almost forgotten what it felt like. Almost.

Our kiss lasts for a while. And during that while, I forget about everything. Maybe we should kiss more often.

When we get home, it's late, later than usual by a lot. It's around midnight.

Gale and I tiptoe up to our bedroom. Yes. It's our bedroom now. He's been here more than he's been at home. So it's his and mine. Ours.

We get under the sheets. I put my head on his chest. I listen to his steady heartbeat. A warm feeling spreads across my body. A felling that I only got from Gale.