52

Gale pov

I wake up and shes sitting beside me on the bed. She's  staring at the wall with this blank expression on her face.

I look at her. I don't say anything, I just look right into her bright green eyes.

"Can we go to the woods..." She whispers

So we walk out of the house towards the big wire fence. This would be the first time we've been in the woods since we came back. I remember the first time I met her here. She was much smaller and much more petite. But she still had the burning in her eyes. That burning that really never left.

I remember the first day she smiled. After that I knew I was in love with her. I didn't tell her though because, we had just become such good friends I thought that I would ruin it. But every now and then, when we couldn't find good game, or there was too much snow to pick roots, we would hold hands and just walk through the woods.
Every time she would touch me. Every time that she held my hand. Every hug she ever gave me. I felt this tingling down in my stomach.

I remember the first time we got stranded in the woods. It was absolutely freezing. There wasn't much more that I can do and to pick her up in my arms and wrap my arms around her. Even then we are still cold. But that night I felt something. That feeling that you get when you know that you found the only person that you want to spend the rest of your life with. And that person was her. That person was Katniss Everdeen.

After that we just became closer. Instead of just waving goodbye after hunting, we would hug I would even give her a little kiss on the cheek. I think we both knew that we were in love, but we just didn't want to admit it. You can lose a lot of things very quickly in District 12

And now we sit in the woods where we did five years before. The place where I found the only girl I love. We sit here together after the death of our first child. But we are a team. And will get through this together.