53

Katniss pov

We sat in the woods for well over five hours. The sun was just beginning to set, and we were curled up together. I could hear his heart beat beat beating under his shirt, right against my ear.

Maybe I could get through this after all.

I mean, we've been through so much already...

But I knew that this would be a scar that stayed with me for the rest of my life.

So we walked home, tightly woven together, and walked through the door. My mom was in the kitchen, but I think she knew that we just need some time.

It was fairly early, only 9 o'clock at night, but I was tired. So was Gale.

We haven't kissed since posy passed.

But he tells me he loves me every day.

We curl up in my bed, which has become ours. It feels normal. I remember that horrible feeling in my stomach when I wasn't with him during the night. I felt like something was going to go terribly wrong.

But here we were, broken and torn apart, but still madly in love all the same.

I finally couldn't help it. I leaned over and Gale him a gently kiss.

The next morning, Gale and I woke up, we ate breakfast, we followed the same daily routine. Nothing changes normally.

As I gaze over out my window, I remember haymitch. I wonder how he's doing. He thinks I'm dead. I'll check on him soon.

Everyone finishes breakfast, and Gale and I volunteer to do the dishes. So everyone files out of the kitchen, and it's just me and him.

We soap up all the plates, and wash them off and dry them.

Gale gets a huge handful of suds and throws it at me playfully. I giggle and throw another handful back at him. He grabs me around the waist and tickles me and kisses me. I giggle and laugh and forget.

"You know catnip I haven't heard  that laugh in a while, I really missed it. You have the most adorable laugh I have ever heard" Gale says playfully.

I giggle again.

Then I start to chuckle and snort and make weird noises. He starts to laugh.

"I love your laugh too..." I say before giving him a kiss.

😛💏😂💘