36

Katniss mother pov

The Hawthornes stay that night.

We found out that their house was one of the burnt ones.

There are 12 other open victors village houses, and I think they're thinking of moving into one of those.

And I also think Katniss and Gale might have their own house too... But I won't get my hopes up about any kind of marriage or toasting. Katniss said she would never marry.
But I do know how much she loves him.

Katniss couldn't fall asleep that night. She told me that it's was just because she wasn't used to being home. But I knew it was because she wasn't used to going to sleep without Gale. Now that I think of it, she had a slightly frightened look on her face. Like she was afraid to sleep without him.

Gale slept in the guest room, and Katniss in her own room. But, just as I suspected, late at night, I herd her creep out of her room and into his. When I woke up, they were curled up together.

I couldn't help but cry. I thought about the Katniss before she had Gale. Never thinking of marriage, or love. Now, she had a best friend, a companion, and practically a husband.

They walked downstairs. Smiles spread wide across their faces.

Happy to be home I guess. That's when I saw Gale pull out a little box with an emerald green ring in it. Katniss favorite color...