Part 18

Katniss mother pov

Katniss and gale woke up a few minutes after I began making breakfast. I could see pain written all over my daughters face. She stood up and tried to walk over to the fire, but stumbled a little. " I got you" Gale said gently as he picked Katniss up and carried her to the fire. They sat down. "It'll get better catnip. I promise." Gale said as he brushed a piece of her hair out of her face. "I hope so." Katniss said.

A few weeks passed as we walked along. As soon as Katniss was well again, we began to walk the last few miles until we were a safe difference away from Panem.

As Katniss was healing, the bond between her and Gale seemed to grow even more. He carried her to bed and to the fire for a few days while she was still sore. And I even saw him kiss her forehead as they walked to the woods. I was curious what was going on with the two of them. So I decided to ask Katniss.

"-mom please-" "Katniss I just want to know!" I was asking what was up between her and Gale. "No mom. Why do you even have a right to know anything that's going on with my life?" She answered back. "Because I'm your mother Katniss" I said gently.  " yeah a great one! You literally left me to provide for you and prim when I was 12. And you wouldn't help us at all. I had to take care of prim. AND YOU! I'm sorry mom! I love you and you know that but when I went to the hunger games I had to tell Gale to make sure prim stayed somewhat alive because I couldn't trust you not to zone out again, because honestly...I thought I was defiantly gonna die" she said that last part with a trembling voice. A tear rolled down her check. "Katniss I'm sorry." I say. She nods and walks to the woods.