43

Katniss mother pov

Posy was gone.
Gale was almost asleep on the couch, and Katniss sat there brushing through his hair with her fingers.

"Katniss it's time to go." I said.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Gale says

"No no I'm alright. Do you want me to stay here?" She asks him.

"It's ok catnip, I'm going to have to help my mother. If your sure your ok I'll see you tomorrow." He says.

"Ok. I love you." She says. She leans down and gives him a gentle kiss.

"Love you too." He says back.

Katniss and I walk towards the door. The second we close it, she breaks into tears.

"Katniss..." I say.

"I was putting on a brave face for him. I was trying to be brave. I was trying..." She says.
"Honey I know this is very hard, but you two will get through this together, you always do." I say.

We walk back to our house. By now it's very late.

Katniss doesn't even attempt to sleep. She finally forces herself to close her eyes, but wakes up a few minutes later with nightmares.

The phone rings. It's Gale. Katniss answers.

"Katniss can I come over?" He says. Even through the phone I can tell he's crying.

"Of course you can. Do you want me to come by you?" She says. A tear slides down her check.

"No I need to get out of this house. I can't get posy's little voice out of my head. I'll be over in a second. I love you." He says.

Gale knocks on the door, Katniss opens it, and hugs Gale as tight as she can. "I'm so sorry." She says. They look at eachother, and Katniss gently wipes away the tears on his face.

"Can I say?" He whispers through a shaky voice.

"Of course." He says.

This is almost exactly like what happened just yesterday. I guess they really can't be without eachother for long.

They walk up the stairs and into Katniss's room. By morning, they are only just beginning to fall asleep.

All through the day, they lay asleep in eachothers arms. Katniss brushes through his hair, while tears slide down his face.

LAST CHAPTER FOR TONIGHT
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️