40

WHOO IM CONTINUING BECAUSE ITS BETTER TO HAVE NINETEEN PEOPLE WHO CARE THAN 1000 WHO DONT <3

Katniss pov

The nightmares struck hard that night that Gale wasn't there to hold me. He always was. But it wasn't his fault. I knew that.

I tried my best to sleep. But it was so odd not having him there. I remember that even at the slightest movement, he would wrap him arms tighter around me.

I couldn't take it anymore

I woke my mother and told her I needed to call him.

"Gale? Can I come over." I said through tears. It was two in the morning so I didn't know how he was going to respond.

"What happened are you ok?!" He asked

"No-I- I had a nightmare. I just wanted to hear your voice it ok I'm fine."

"No I'm coming over right now." He says.

My mother is watching worriedly.

"No no it's ok I'm fine I'm fine-"
"No I'm coming over. I love you Katniss." He says

"I love you too.." I say back.

I put the phone down and collapse on the floor.

Gale rushes in. The rest is all a blur. I can somewhat sense him hugging me and then carrying me upstairs.

Next thing I know, I'm awake, and it's the next morning. Gale is still fast asleep, and I don't want to wake him.

I cuddle in closer to him, and start whispering to him.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I love you. I'm sorry. I love you I love you I'm sorry..." I keep whispering.

I start to drift to sleep again.
"I'm sorry I love you. I love you."

"It's ok. I love you. It's ok. It's ok. I love you." Gale says as I'm falling asleep again.
I look up into his eyes and smile a tiny bit. I give him a small kiss, and pass out into a restless short sleep.