Exile On Main Street Part 1

• Dedicated to All My Fans Who Have Been Sticking By Me This Whole Time <3

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

One Year Later

"If this whole thing really does go our way and Sam and I get him into the box...you know I'm not coming back. You know neither of us are coming back...you have to promise me something...you have to promise not to try to bring me back...you and Dean go find Jesse, Abbey and Chris. Get married, have barbecues, go to football games, school functions...have some normal, apple pie life. Please, promise me..." Brit's voice echoed in my head as I watched her and Sam jump into the pit for the thousandth time...

My eyes shot open and I woke up to the alarm going off. I watched as Dean leaned over to shut it off and then he faced me again.

"Morning" he said and kissed my forehead as he brought me closer.

"Morning..." I murmured.

"You okay?"

"Yeah...are you?"

"Yeah..."

But we both knew, very well, that we were lying to each other. Watching Brittney and Sam jump into the hole with Adam was the hardest things I ever had to watch...right next to Dean getting dragged to Hell...and both of those things haunt my dreams every single night...but I put on a smile for Dean. Someone had to be the stronger one here and seeing as he always takes that role, it was my turn this time. I leaned in to kiss him but then my beautiful black lab, the size of Jesse if she stood up on two legs, came running into the room, jumping up onto the bed, barking like crazy with the leash in her mouth. We both sat up and she dropped it so her tongue was hanging out and she attacked Dean with her slobber.

"Down, Maya" he laughed.

"I got some competition" I joked and took Maya into my lap. "Don't I? Yes, I do. Yes I do" I used a baby voice as I ruffled up her fur and she licked my face.

"You're such a loser" he laughed.

"You're just jealous of what we have" I said, smugly. "You wanna go out, Maya? You wanna go out?" I cooed, excitedly as I jumped up to my feet while standing on the bed. She started to bark like crazy as she jumped off onto the floor. "Go to the door, Maya. Go to the door" I said excitedly.

She continued to bark as she almost ran into the wall but dodged it quickly and ran out of the room. I jumped onto the floor and Dean stood up.

"She's definitely you're dog" Dean laughed as I turned around and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Do you know she doesn't even like me? She just pretends while you're around"

"Dean, she's a smart dog, but I don't think she's that smart" I gave him a look.

"Yeah, you'd be surprised. She tried to bite my leg off when I pushed you on the couch yesterday"

"You mean when you tried to show your dominance?" I giggled lightly.

"Yeah and I would have if the damn dog didn't get in the way"

"Yeah, whatever" I rolled my eyes at him. "You wanna go for a jog with me, real quick? Before your day starts?"

"Oh, you know I'd love to, hon. But that's your special bonding time with Diane and as much fun as it sounds listening to her talk on and on about what she does and who she does it with..."

I glared. "Yeah, thanks. You're a really good boyfriend, making me go alone"

"I try" he shrugged.

"Okay, fine. Don't come for a jog, but you're going to get flabby" I sang and kissed him and then walked out with Maya's leash.

"Not possible!" he called after me. I just laughed as I walked around the corner.