Chapter 10

I skipped lunch. I decided to go out to the quidditch pitch and fly. I let the bludgers go so I could just smack them around. Fred and George always say they just keep any and all anger they have pent up until a match, and they let it all go when they hit the bludger. And I have to admit, it felt good.

I don't understand why Ron is mad at me. I don't understand why Malfoy has to act like such a jerk to everybody else. I don't understand while I had to be adopted and why I don't have a Mum to talk to about all of this. I love Mrs. Weasley, but it's not the same!

The tears poured down my face as I sent the bludger off one last time. When it came back around, I put it in the box and started lugging it and my broom back to the changing rooms. I was halfway there when Crabbe and Goyle stepped in my way. I rolled my eyes the minute they stood there. I'm so not in the mood! "Would you two gits get out of my way?" I crossed my arms and sent them a glare.

"Hm. No. Thanks to you, Draco's acting all weird!" Crabbe snapped, and I always thought he was the dumber of the two. Way to prove me wrong buddy! Gold star for you! Note the sarcasm.

"Now. You can make him change back. Or we can change your face!" Goyle pulled out a wand while Crabbe cracked his knuckles menacingly. It took all I had in me not to flinch and stand my ground.

"Shut up and get out of my way. Now!" I snarled, pulling my wand out of my boot and pointing it at Goyle's face. He never dropped the cold face. He sent a spell my way and I blocked it. He sent another and I blocked it again. People were crowded around now, chanting my name. Crabbe brought out his wand and pointed it at me. Great, now it's two against one. I put on a determined face and defended myself as best I could. We're second years so it's not like we know enough to actually harm one another.

"Stupefy!"

"Protego!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Protego!"

"Petrificus Totalus!"

"Protego!"

"I'm done with this! Serpensorsia!" A snake shot out of the end of Goyle's wand, it came at me, hissing and snapping. I could see its fangs and I glared at Goyle.

"Stupify!" I pointed at him and he dropped instantly. I pointed it at Crabbe, who looked panicked. Right as I yelled, "Petrificus Totalas!" The snake bit me. Multiple times. I screamed in pain and I could hear the voices of everyone around me. Panic and horrified screams rang out over the grounds, but I ignored it all. My vision was getting blurry and it hurt. Badly.

"Everyone move! Now!" Snape's voice rang out of the crowd. "What happened Ms. Black?"

"I was upset, so I came down here to practice. And they were mad at me, so they tried to hex me. I'm so sorry sir! I fought back, it wasn't just them. I used protego multiple times. I was trying to get away with just blocking them, but when Goyle set that bloody snake on me I lost it. I used Petrificus Totalas and Stupify to hex them. I'm so sorry I lost my temper Sir! And then it bit me!" I don't know if he understood me or not. My words were broken by loud pants. It really hurts and he's not doing anything to help me! His face was conflicted, but then he finally picked me up and started carrying me towards the castle. On the way through, the twins and the gang, along with Ginny passed by me, all with horrified looks on their face. There was blood dripping all over me, and it was leaking onto the ground below me. I looked at my skin and it was deathly pale. I tried to give them a reassuring smile, but instead, I felt my eyes fluttering shut. Then I was out like a light.

*******************************************

I woke up in the hospital wing. Ginny was laying beside me asleep, Natalyn was laying at the foot of the bed, and Hermione, Harry, Ron, and the twins were all sat around the bed. I sat up and everyone shot up instantly, like they were motion censored or something. "Oh Gracie!" Ginny jumped on me, wrapping her arms around my shoulder. I didn't mean to, but I let out a yelp of pain and Ginny jumped back instantly, looking worried. "I'm so sorry!"