Chapter 12

The elves scurried around, finding the ice cream. Ginny had gotten Oreos and Nutella. The twins got random junk food. And of course we got three spoons. That way Ginny can have some ice cream too!

And she can share with us.

"We were in there too long!" Ginny giggled, clinging to her food. No we haven't started. We're going to hide somewhere. The shack? Maybe. The tunnel? Maybe. I say the shack. "Look! It's Filtch!"

I ducked behind a suit of armor, hoping my ice cream wouldn't melt. Nat hid behind something, can't tell what. It's dark ya know! And Ginny hid somewhere too. Every woman for themselves! Filtch left, after an eternity, and the rest of us stepped out, meeting in the hall.

"Wanna go to the shack?" I whispered, more to Nat. She nodded, smiling eagerly. Ginny looked confused, but didn't say anything. "Come on. I'll explain later!"

We crept outside, froze the Whomping Willow, and into the tunnel. Please don't let us get caught! "Where did Fred and George go?" Ginny said, not bothering to whisper anymore. I shrugged, not answering. It's dark and I'm watching where I walk.

"Don't know. They were still in the kitchens when we left!" Nat said, taking a bite of her tub. When the elves brought us a whole tub of ice cream, she decided to get another, I believe it was Rocky Road. So we're all set on chocolate. We made it all the way upstairs and collapsed o the bed.

"We have class tomorrow!" I groaned, situating myself on the pillow. There was a deep chuckle from the corner. We all spun around, drawing our wands.

"Really? Breaking into the kitchens and sneaking out? I can't even be mad! Your too much like me!" Dad laughed, stepping out from behind the door. I laughed, sinking back into the pillow. I opened my tub and started eating. The other two following suit.

"Ron was being a prat. We needed chocolate!" I giggled, smiling at him. "And you! What are you still doing here?"

"I've been staying here. For you know. That reason!" He laughed, sitting in a chair by the bed. He conjured a spoon and stuck it in my ice cream. I stole an Oreo, smeared ice cream on top, and dribbled Nutella all over it. Mmmm. So good!

"Nice. I have to say. You are the way dad ever!" I laughed, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks sweetheart. Need a plan?"

"To?"

"Get back in the castle!" He smirked, taking another bite of ice cream. I nodded, giggling. "Don't. Tomorrow is Hogsmeade! I sent in you girls' and Harry's permission slip today." He laughed, watching me. I face palmed.

"I forgot about Hogsmeade! Wait, if you were here, does that mean you've been watching me?" I narrowed, my eyes, watching him. He shook his head no, relaxing me.

"Nah. I trust you. I peak every once in a while, but I don't spy. I know your helping Hagrid. So am I. I was visiting him when you all showed up. I heard about the argument with Ron. That's why you need chocolate, right?" Ginny nodded, laughing.

"Do you watch me too?" Nat asked, face pale and looking worried. Dad put on a stern face and glared at her.

"A broom closet? Really? Your better than that!"

Laughter erupted from with in Ginny and I. Nat glared wildly, eyes blazing fire, but this made me laugh more. Her face was red and she was glaring at me, but with a tiny smirk. Smirk? Uh oh.

"McGonagall went running upstairs to our dorm looking to see if Harry was in there this morning!"

Oh no she didn't!