Chapter 9

"Where are they?" I yawned, stretching on my toes. I was using Harry for support and I was nearly asleep on his shoulder. He laughed, kissing my forehead. I still can't believe he said that! He's so funny sometimes!

Suddenly, a boat flew out of the Great Lake, revealing Durmstrang. The boys came through, doing random tricks and throwing their capes around, showing off. Guess where they sat, SLYTHERIN! Blegh. Ron and Fred looked mighty mad as Mione, Ginny, and even Nat shamelessly drooled over the Durmstrang boys. Viktor Krum caught Mione's eye, giving her a small smile, to which she blushed furiously too. Ron bent his fork.

Harry looked at me nervously, like he thought I was interested. First of all, they look like thirty year old men. And they need to shave. Second, I'm tired and grouchie. They better not mess with me! He sighed in relief when I didn't. Next, a bright blue carriage came out of the sky, carried by gigantic horses. Hagrid came rushing out.

"They only drink single malt whiskey!" The headmaster bellowed. Out came tons of blondes. Tall, skinny, blondes. Great. Veelas.

"Gracie your hair!" I looked down. The change is already happening! Brilliant. I groaned, rolling my eyes. The girls giggled excitedly, running in my direction.

"Ooh! You are veela?" They asked, bad accent and all. Glumly, I nodded. "I'm an Fleur. And you are?"

"Gracelyn." I held out my hand, but she pulled me into a hug, air kissing my cheeks. I stood there, shocked, already wanting them to leave. Will my hair stay like this until they leave? Merlin I hope not! They skipped into the castle, the boys all watching. Except Harry. His eyes were trained on me. Good boy!

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Guess what?" Nat asked, poking me repeatedly. I rolled my eyes.

"What?"

"Guess what my wand core is made of!"

"What?" I sighed, not really wanting to know.

"Veela hair!" Everyone around burst into laughter. Smirking a bit, I turned to her, giving her a serious expression.

"Did you get that from my head?"

I'm all funnied out from last night.

We followed the neighboring schools into the castle, taking our seats. Professor Dumbledore welcomed our 'guests'. I rolled my eyes when Ron clapped madly for the veela girls. He brought out the cup, explaining the rules. Fred and George were outraged about the age limit, but hey. I don't care. Means I don't have to worry about it. This tournament is nothing but trouble!

I went to bed happy that night. All I can say is, thank goodness it's a Friday.

*******************************************

Breakfast was boring. I sat and watched numerous idiots try to put they're name in that goblet. I wanted to slap so many of them! Cedric Diggory being one. He looked so happy, then turned around and winked at Ginny. She got up and left, so he shrugged and went to sit by Cho! He put his arm around her! Who does that?

Fredricka and Georgina have decided to use an age potion, they stayed up all night working on it and they made extra for Nat. Now this one, I want to see. Harry and I sat side by side, eating and such. The trio approached Dumbledore's age line. "This isn't going to work!" Harry laughed, smiling at me.

"So not going to work!" I giggled, shaking my head as they threw back the potion. Nat grew a few inches, her hair got longer, and she looked a lot older. Fred and George didn't change too much, but hey. They weren't far behind the restriction. They counted to three, jumping over the line and landed safely on the inside.