Chapter 12

Today's the big day. My family is coming. Wow. Okay I'm nervous. Mione and I walked down the corridor, and into the hall. Harry caught up right as we walked in. Everyone but Slytherin cheered. Slytherin booed and hissed, and Malfoy threw something at me, but I caught it and threw it back, which got more cheers. Hedwig and Brownie swooped in. They had big packages and they dropped them in front of Harry and I.

"It's a broom!" Harry shouted, opening his.

"Uhm, look again. That's a Nimbus 2000!" I watched our owls fly to McGonagall. "Thank you!" I mouthed. She nodded at me with a small smile. We sat down beside Ron, but neither of us ate. We sat in silence, picking at the food on our plate.

"Come on you two. You have to eat something!" Ron whined. "Come on sis, please?" He shoved food towards me, but I ignored it.

"I'm just not hungry Ron!" Harry sighed, pushing his plate away. I shook my head.

"Me either!" Mione gave me a pointed look.

"Are you okay Gracel-" she paused. I nodded quickly, we ignored the looks from Harry and Ron.

"Just jitters, that's all!" I smiled at her, but still ignored my food. Snape came up and was taunting Harry and I, but I was tuned out. I wasn't going to listen to him. I was still considering hexing him like Dad asked, even though I know he doesn't mean it. Then I caught the bite on Snape's leg.

When he walked away, I turned to Harry. "Did you see it?" He nodded, looking back at a limping Snape.

"He tried to get through to whatever that dogs guarding!"

"Why on earth would anyone want to get near that dog?" Hermione asked, dropping her voice into a whisper.

"Don't know, but I'm going to find out!" I said, then stood up. "Come on Harry. It's time to go!" He stood up and we walked out together.

*******************************************

"Oliver!" I whined. We were getting ready to go out and he just told Harry and I a story about getting knocked out by a bludger in his first match and being in the hospital wing for a week.

"Sorry!"

"Gryffindor!" It was time to go. We mounted and flew out, getting in position. I looked around, I found Ron and Mione with my family. They all waved and Uncle Lupin looked proud. And he had a camera. So did Mione. Good.

"I want a good clean game, from all of you!" Madam Hooch's words brought me back to the match. I caught Harry's eye, he nodded at me so I nodded back. The whistle blew and Angelina got the quaffle. No one was after me so I flew around.

"Angelina!" She looked and threw it to me. I caught it, sat back, threw it and scored. Angelina and Katie flew by, giving me a high five.

"Point Gryffindor from our newest chaser, first year, Gracie Weasley!" Lee's voice was heard over the pitch. Marcus had the quaffle, as practiced, I flew under him, snuck up, and grabbed it, then passed it off to Katie, who scored. I cheered with the others.

Angelina scored, then Katie, then me, then Katie, then me, then Angelina. "Angelina has the quaffle, she's going, she's going!" Marcus boxed her in along with their other chasers. I flew after them, aiming to split them up, but I was a second to late, they made her crash. She was down. I flew after Marcus, stole the quaffle and scored.

He looked a me with a death glare, I smirked and waved at him. I heard some laughs from the crowd. "Looks like Potter's seen something!" I saw Harry, flying towards the Slytherin goal post. I was brought back to reality by a bludger. I leaned back and laid flat against my broom until it flew over my head. The position hurt a lot. I sat up to see Marcus glaring at me with a beater stick in his hand. His team had scored while this little exchange was going on. I saw Fred send a bludger at Marcus, it hit him in the side, sending him flying.