Chapter 7

"Food! Food! We're going to eat food!" Nat sang skipping down the corridor.

"What else would we eat? I giggled, rolling my eyes. She stopped to think, then shrugged her shoulders.

"People?"

"Ew!"

"Cannabalism!"

"Tell me you'd never?" I gasped, shying away from her. She rolled her eyes, thumping me in the back of the head, then skipped down the hall. "You never denied it!" I muttered, rubbing where she hit. I saw Trelawney coming down the stairs crying. She had big trunks and Umbridge was looking down, smirking at her. Professor McGonagall was trying to comfort her. Good Merlin! Why can't I hear?

"-leave the premises!" Umbridge said, stepping down from the steps.

"Pst! Hey! You! Oh your that guy from the train! Whatever. What's going on?" He gave me a funny look but sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Umbridge sacked the Divination freak!" He rolled his eyes, turning away from me. I gasped, pushing towards the front.

"That toad!" I hissed, glaring at her. I made it to the front of the crowd in time to see Dumbledore.

"Minerva if you would, take Syball up to her quarters?" He asked, face blank and emotionless. Harry was on the other side of the hall, behind Dumbledore, watching as I was.

"As enforcer here at Hogwarts I have the right-"

"To sack my teachers yes. But you do not have the right to banish them from the premises. That privilege remains with the headmaster. For now!" He said, turning around. "Well? Don't you all have classes! Go on!" He snapped, heading back to his room. He seemed angry, I've never see Professor Dumbledore like that! He's always so calm!

Umbridge, however, was that familiar yet ugly shade of purple I've grown used to. She stomped away angrily as Grandma McGonagall helped Professor Trewlawney. Harry was calling for our headmaster, trying to get his attention, but he won't answer him. I stood there, watching as he kept walking away from Harry, who had quit calling his name already. Surely he heard him? Why is he ignoring him?

I shook my head, walking over to Harry. "Are you alright?" I whispered, taking his hand. His eyes were closed and he was breathing heavily. It spiked his temper again, and now he needs to calm down. "Do you want to go to the Hall? We can get some lunch and then we have a break. Give you a chance to calm down a bit?" I kept my tone soft and gentle, I attempted to sooth him, rubbing circles into his hand like he does when I'm upset.

He only nodded, keeping his eyes closed. I pulled him in the right direction, making sure he didn't trip or run into anything. When we got to our seats, he seemed relatively calmer. "Thanks!" He muttered, sitting down beside me on the bench. I nodded, giving him a small smile. Lunch was quiet, except the constant buzzing of what just happened. Mione was reading the prophet silently, Ron eating like normal, Ginny and Draco whispering back and forth, and Nat was down the row a bit with Fred and George.

"Better?" I whispered, grabbing the treacle tart at the same time he did. He nodded, smiling, I let him take the tart, reaching for pudding instead. He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist. We finished eating and then walked to the common room.

"Hey, I'll be right back. I just need to run to the library for a minute. Be careful!" He kissed my forehead, walking backwards. I nodded, smiling, when he was gone I sat beside Mione, who snapped her book shut automatically.

I jumped backwards, looking at her funnily. "We have to do something about Umbridge." She stated, folding her arms over her chest.

"I agree?" I said, sitting forward so no one would over hear our conversation. She smiled happily, continuing the conversation.