Chapter 2

Published June 28, 2013

Ginny and I emerged, coughing a bit, before stepping into the Alley. Mum and the boys came up behind us. "Wow!" I whispered more to myself than anyone else. The twins laughed then headed off on their own. Percy went towards what looked to be a shop for stationary. Boring! And Ron, Ginny and I jut stood there, like the little awkward turtles we are.

"Ginny, we need to get some more floo powder. We're running a bit low. Come along. Gracie, Ron, stay together!" She gave us a the look then took Ginny's hand and marched off. I sighed, running my hand through my hair. Then I remembered what Ron called me earlier.

"Nutty brunette?"

"Oh don't act like that! You're a COMPLETE nutter! We outta put you in Mungo's!" He crossed his arms and smirked in my direction.

"Oi! Freckle face! Lets get on with it!" I dragged him towards the same shop I'd just called boring. We got out quills and parchment, then headed towards Flourish and Blotts. It took a while to get all of the required books. Then again, for the first ten minutes, we just walked around by ourselves.

We went to the apothecary, the owlery, and finally, the ice cream parlor. I got a new owl! Her name is Brownie, she's a deep brown color with chocolate brown eyes. Absolutely adorable. We both got chocolate, then headed back to wherever the heck we came out at. We were silent most of the day.

"Ron?"

"Hm?"

"Can you please talk. This is getting weird!"

"Oh thank god! I thought it was just me!" We broke into laughter, and I shoved him playfully. On our way through, we past Madam Malkin's. The robe shop. I caught a glimpse of a boy inside, he looked about our age, and he black hair. Oh my merlin! His eyes!

Keep walking keep walking. Keep, Walking! I shook my head as Mum and the twins came into view. She was wagging her finger in their face and Ginny looked like she was going to laugh her bum off. I raised my eyebrows as we got closer. She shook her head, motioning for me to be quiet.

"-wasting all our money in a joke shop. A JOKE SHOP!" I couldn't help but giggle. To bad she heard me. She spun on her heel, when she caught sight of Ron an I her eyes softened a bit. "Ah. There you two are! Got everything? Good. Lets head back!" I took Ginny's hand and we headed back home.

******************************************

"Gracie! Hurry up! It's time to go!" I took one last look in the mirror. My hair was silky and shiny, I had decided to put on some make up. But I kept in light, some subtle browns and a bit of lip gloss. I wore I white, off the shoulder top, that showed my midriff, but I had a light blue tank top under neath with jean shorts and my white flats.

I grabbed my trunk and hopped down the stairs. Everyone was there waiting, even Ginny. She ran at me and caught me in a bear hug while Dad took my trunk and fit it into a ministry car. I hugged Ginny back, tighter than she hugged me. "Promise you'll write?" She whispered, pulling away.

"I wiped her tears and nodded. "Everyday. I'll even give you a list of my homework assignments if you like!" She giggled and so did I. She's the best little sister ever!

"Have fun for me? And if there are any boys you HAVE to tell me!" She gave me a look that was equal to mum's glare. I nodded quickly, smiling at her. She hugged me again, and was right behind me all the way into the car.

The ride was silent, I was nervous, and the twins weren't helping! Even the driver was shaking his head at some of the things they were saying! "There are werewolves in the woods! And Filtch. Watch out for him! He'll make you stay in there for and hour if you get detention!"