Chapter 8

"See ya later!" I waved goodbye to Ginny and Natalyn, who had to ride the boats with the first years. Hermione and I climbed in the carriage, watching them until they were out of view. "Ginny will be okay. Won't she?" I asked, looking back at Hermione with what I'm sure is worry filled eyes. She nodded her head, giving me a small smile.

"I'm sure she's asking that same question about you right now. Are you okay Gracie?" Her eyes gave me a concerned looked, I brushed it off quickly, nodding my head.

"I'm fine. I think I was just a little emotional, being back at Hogwarts and all. I can't wait to write my dad about the summer!" She smiled at me as we climbed out of the carriages and into the school. The ride felt quicker than usual.

"Make sure you tell him I said hi!" She gave me a stern look, but kept the smile on her face. I nodded back, smiling. "I still don't see your brother and Harry!" All my earlier worries came flooding back. "Oh sorry! I'm sure they're fine! Gracelyn are you okay? Your pale as a ghost!"

"How offensive!" Sir Nicholas floated past, pushing his nose in the air. Mione was screaming apologies after him but I rolled my eyes. It's just a saying and they are pale. Draco passed, took one look at my face, and stopped.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with her? Is she sick?!" He ran over to me, bending down to my height. I shook my head no frantically, hoping he'd go away. I like the concerned Draco better, but it's weird. And I still don't like how he treats other people.

"I'm. Fine!" I said, taking deep breaths in between words. I've never gotten so worked up. Ever! He nodded, giving me a worried look, but left anyway. Mione and I took a seat beside the twins, saving seats around us for Ron and Harry, and of course Natalyn and Ginny. If they ever show up.

A minute later I saw the first years walk in, Natalyn was in the back beside Ginny. Oddly enough, she was called first.

"Black Natalyn!" Fred gave me a smile as did Mione and I. She smiled back and sauntered up there, confident as could be. The hats voice rang out across the hall.

"Just as your cousin. Much like your uncle, unlike your father. Pure minded. Brave. Smart. Better be Gryffindor!" Fred and I whooped and hollered while she basically ran to the table. Fred grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap. She giggled and blushed furiously, it was so funny yet so cute!

"Oi! Fred! Who's your girlfriend?" Lee asked, eyeing Nat. She and I exchanged a look, rolling our eyes. "She looks familiar. She looks like, blimey! She looks identical to Gracie!"

"That's my cousin you twit!" I giggled, looking over at Natalyn. She stuck her hand out, leaning back into Fred.

"I'm Natalyn Black. Nice to meet you!"

"I'm Lee Jordan. Nice to meet you too!" He gave her a wink, to which Fred reacted by threatening to cut off a certain manly part. Natalyn, Hermione and I giggled, but we all shut up when they called Ginny's name.

"Another Weasley? Hopefully the last! Gryffindor!" The hat shouted, as soon as it touched her head. We all laughed as Ginny came to sit by me, blushing brightly. I saw Dean eyeing her out of the corner of my eye. I sent him a look, he better be hoping he's got what it takes if he wants to date my little sister!

"I made Gryffindor!" She cheered, fist pumping the air. I smiled, at her, giving her an I told you so look. Professor McGonagall then ran up to Professor Dumbledore, then they both ran out of the hall. This time, Snape gave the speech, which made it boring and very uninteresting, so no one paid attention. He sneered Lockhart's name when he introduced him, of course everyone knows he's just jealous. He's wanted that job for years! I elbowed Natalyn when Hermione started cheering, along with half the other witches in the hall. We both sat there laughing at her, while Ginny seemed oblivious. She was looking over her shoulder at someone. I turned to look casually, and to my surprise, it was Draco! And he was staring back! (Bet you didn't see that coming! Note the sarcasm!)