Chapter 11

One day. One day. Tomorrow is the first task! Harry and I walked through the corridors hand in hand, ignoring everyone around us. Stupid badges. 'Mr. and Mrs. Potter stinks' 'go Diggory!' Blah blah blah. I'm so tired of this! I can't stand Cedric! First he hurts Ginny, then he tricks me into thinking he actually has a heart by trying to comfort me when I found out I had to be in this stupid thing, and then he pulls a stunt like this!

I spotted him in the court yard, pointing him out to Harry. Yeah. Harry wants to tell him about the dragons. Says its only fair. "Cedric? Can we talk?" Harry grunted, not happy about the badges either. His friends laughed at Harry as he and Cedric walked away. I made sure Harry wasn't looking before I shot them the bird. They shut up real quick.

"Harry! Gracie! Look, I swear, I had nothing to do with those badges! My friends, they thought it would be funny! I told them not to but-"

"Dragons." Harry cut him off. "The first task is dragons!" His face paled a bit.

"Your sure?" Harry and I nodded.

"Thanks Harry. And Gracie. I, I'll try to get them to take off those stupid badges! It really wasn't my idea!" He smiled, running a hand through his hair.

"Thanks!" Harry smiled a bit, turning to walk away.

"Oi! Potter!" Malfoy said, standing in a tree. Pft! Coward! "So, my Dad and I made a bet. I don't think you'll last ten minutes in this tournament. Dad disagrees. He don't think you'll last five!" He laughed, along with his cronies. Harry said something, but I didn't listen. I pulled my wand, firing a spell at Malfoy. We turned around to walk away.

"How dare yee?" Moody yelled, hobbling past us. "I'll teach you to fire at a wizard with his back turned!" He turned Draco into a ferret. I burst into a fit of laughter. He shoved him down Crabbe's pants, making me drop to the ground in fits of laughter. Harry was laughing hysterically and Moody was attracting a crowd.

"Alastor? Alastor what are you doing?" Professor McGonagall came running, looking worried. She should be!

"Teaching a lesson!" He snarled throwing Malfoy around in the air. She lectured him, turning Malfoy back. 'My father will hear about this!' Blah blah we hear it every year! "You two!" He pointed at Harry and I. "Come with me!"

He took us to his office, taking Harry in first. When he came out, he looked really happy. And kind of smug. "What happened?" I asked, pushing off the wall.

"I know how to get rid of my dragon!" He sighed. "I'll wait for you! It's your turn!"

I nodded, walking into the office. I took a seat, not wanting to be here long. "Potter knows what the first task is, so I'd say you do too?" I nodded. "Good. Then I know you have a plan. Can I hear it?"

"Reducto to the eyes." I said, keeping it short and sweet. He smiled, leaning back into his chair.

"Good. You've got guts kid. Your tough. What do you want to be when you get older?"

"An auror. Always have!" I finally smiled, thinking of my future. He smiled again, nodding his head.

"You'd be a damn good one!" He cursed, smiling at me. "I think you'll be just fine in this tournament. Make sure you use reducto and look for one a little stronger. Cast both real quick, aim for the eyes like you said. Your a smart kid. You can handle it!" He said, standing up. I nodded, heading towards the door.

"Thanks Professor!" I opened it up, seeing Harry standing there.

"Dang good auror huh?" He smirked, throwing his arm over my shoulder. I just winked, then started laughing. "So, he told me to use my strengths," Harry whispered, looking around the halls. "That's flying. Can you teach me that summoning spell you always do? Accio? I could summon my broom and use it!"