Chapter 11

Inside were two pieces of parchment. A longer letter, and a shorter one. I decided on the shorter one first.

Gracie,

Please write me back as soon as you get this! I can't believe they used that spell! Are you okay? I want to come to you so bad, but I'm afraid I can't! Dumbledore is trying to help me, but I don't think it's working. I'll let you know if things change!

Please Gracie, right me back as soon as you get this! I'm so worried, I was told there's about a ten percent chance of you living! I can't take this! I was always just content knowing you were safe, but now that I've spoke to you and gotten to know you, at least a little bit, I love you now more than ever! I miss you so much it hurts darling and I can't bear to think about life with out you! Please tell me your okay! Please!

Harry says you haven't been eating? Darling that's only going to make it a whole lot harder for you to get better! Harry's beating himself up over this, the way James used to over Lilly. I think James would have killed himself if this ever happened to Lilly, and the way Harry's talking, I'm almost sure he's thinking about it. Don't just come back for me, come back for Harry. For your cousin, for the rest of your family, and your Uncle Remus. He wrote me a letter you know? He thought I should know. He was so shocked when he found out we'd been speaking. He understands why you didn't tell him though. Please, Gracie. Right me back! I have to know your okay. Please!

I love you with all my heart,

Dad

The letter brought tears to my eyes. He was so worried, and I've been up for hours, letting him sit there worrying about me. I'll write him a letter as soon as I read the other one.

Dear Gracie,

I'm so glad you wrote! I've been waiting all summer for your letter! I've missed speaking to you so much! And I'm glad you had fun!

You flew a car to get Harry? In the middle of the night I'm guessing. Molly would never have let you go otherwise. They really had him locked up like that? That's illegal in muggle laws! They could be sent to prison! They're not fit to take care of Harry, but they're the only family he's got I suppose.

Harry and Ron flew it to school? Sounds like something James and I would've done! Your Uncle Remus, James, and I did silly things like that all the time sweetheart. It's a boy thing. The more you hang out with Harry and Ron the more you'll understand.

I'm glad you met Natalyn! You knew her as a baby as well! Even back then you two were hard to tell apart. James and I accidentally switched you two once! We brought Natalyn back to play with Harry while your uncle Regulas took you! Lilly nearly killed us! She loved you so much! You spent more time with her then you did James, Harry, and I combined. 'Lilly' was your first word.

It doesn't shock me that you have the same wand as her. And your right, it's similar to mine. Mine was 13" holly, and Phoenix feather. Feather. The world is as big as the difference. It also matters where the feather comes from. Whether its the tail, or the wing or whatever. I don't really know. I just remember getting a long speech from Ollivander.

Anyway, Lucious giving you trouble? Ask him what it's like being a death eater. He'll shut up real quick. I'm shocked to hear that Draco cares at all, but u suppose that's a good thing. At least he has a little decency. Lets pray he keeps it. Try to talk to him, would you? It'd be nice not to have to worry about a family rivalry at Hogwarts. How does Natalyn react to him? I'm sure she's more like you, you were always very similar in personality. And a Malfoy fancying a Weasley? And I thought I heard it all!

Chicken brings back many memories. Your father and Lilly used to be the champions you know? Every time I get a letter I realize how much you and Harry are really like them. There are too many similarities to count. Does anyone call you Lilly? I'm sure they do... A tent eh? Hope everyone kept their hands to themselves? No one bothers you do they? Please say no!