Chapter 16

"Oh Merlin! Is this what a hangover feels like?"

Harry chuckled from the door frame, walking over to the bed. Ron sat up in his bed next to the one I was in. He had a small smile on his face. I held my head in one hand as I sat up. "So your feeling better then?"

"Yeah, just a headache. What happened last night? The last thing I remember is walking into Snape's office to clean." I turned to Harry and Ron, who looked really surprised and kind of disappointed. "Guys?"

"Well I came to see you, for your detention. But you got, sick? I'm not sure what was really going on. It was bad, so I took you to Dumbledore. You fell down once we were in there and you were holding your head, then he made me leave. We were all sitting it the common room waiting for you but you didn't come. Instead, we heard you screaming. So I ran to hospital wing. They wouldn't tell me anything except that it was a complication. But I don't think they knew. I think Dumbledore is the only one who knows what's wrong." Harry explained, watching me carefully, probably waiting for my reaction. I stopped to think, and I tried to remember that. Any of it.

"I'm going to try to remember. Tell me if any of this is true, okay?" They nodded in response, so I closed my eyes and tried to remember little details. "I asked you to take me somewhere in Snape's office?"

"That's true!" Harry said, his voice sounded a bit eager. "Okay. We got there, but then my head started to hurt. He made you leave, but you said that. Um, I, I asked him what was wrong." I screwed up my face, concentrating as hard as I could.

"Come on Gracie! Remember! You can do it!" Ron encouraged, placing a hand on my shoulder. That brought it back. I remember what happened. Before I blacked out!

"He said someone was controlling my mind! Then the pain increased and I asked him to make it stop! I couldn't see anymore. Everything was black, Dumbledore touched me and then I passed out." I opened my eyes, jumping up off the bed. Ron grabbed my shirt, pulling it down. Harry looked away, unsure why, I looked down. It was folded up below me. Blushing scarlet, I swatted Ron's hand away and fixed it myself.

"Your good Harry!" Ron said, giving Harry a thumbs up. Harry turned around with a smile, grabbing my waist and pulling me down onto his lap. "So, someone is controlling your mind?" I nodded. "Who?"

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I wish I had thought to ask!" We all sat there in silence for a few minutes. "Can we talk about something else? Anything else!"

"Yeah. So, did you figure out what you want to use for the tournament?" Ron smiled, looking at me in a teasing manner. I scowled.

"Not that either! I've got choices, but I don't want to use them! I want to do something different!" I groaned, leaning back a bit so that I was leaning on Harry. His hands tightened on my hips.

Ron and Harry looked at me, smirking. "Well you see," Ron started.

"While we were waiting for Neville, we found a solution to your problem!" Harry finished, smiling at me.

"We were going to tell you at dinner last night, but that was out of the question." Ron said, giving me a stern, fatherly sort of look. I rolled my eyes, but motioned for them to continue. "Harry?" I turned to Harry.

"How do you feel about turning into a mermaid?" Harry smirked, turning me around on his lap so that I was facing him. And straddling him. I blushed, but a smile appeared anyway. I nodded furiously. "Neville says he can find some other plant thing to help you!"

"That'd be great! Awe, thanks guys!" I hugged Harry tightly, then hopped up and hugged Ron.

"So you'll be a mermaid an Harry can grow gills!" He laughed, rolling off the bed. "So, we have all day. We got a two day pass to look for the stuff from the tournament and you have a week long pass to get better, though you seem fine?" Ron smirked, walking towards the door. "Want to milk it, you can lean on Harry an I and we can go get something to eat!"