Chapter 4

"Gracie! Wake up!" Hermione shook me over and over. But I'm not a morning person. So I ignored her. "Gracie! It's the first day! Do you want to be late for lessons?"

I shot out of bed and ran straight for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, deciding that wasn't enough, I showered quickly, then rebrushed it. I took the side pieces and braided them back, like a little halo. I ran to the room, slipping on my robes.

Hermione was sitting on my bed, lip gloss in hand. I took it from her and applied it quickly, not really caring about make up right now. "Ready!" I chirped, grabbing up all of my things.

"Impressive. Twenty minutes and over half was in the shower!" She smiled, standing up beside me. I laughed a bit, linking my arms with hers. "Breakfast?" I nodded, we headed down the stairs. Ron and Harry we're coming from their door at the same time. Ron saw me and waved, Harry's eyes caught mine and I couldn't breathe. He waved at me, a smile planted in his face.

I smiled back, but didn't wave. I had to look away because of the blush that had made its way to my cheeks. Hermione witnessed this little exchange though. "Details later!" She hissed, right as the boys approached. "Hi Ron. Hello Harry!" She gave a polite nod to each of the boys. They waved in response.

"Ready for breakfast?" The nodded again. I linked arms with Ron, so that I had him and Hermione on either side. Ron linked arms with Harry and we made our way to the portrait hole. We all tried to get out a once though so of course we collided. That sent us into a round of laughter, earning us some stairs from the older kids. All well. We finally got out of the portrait and to the great hall. The emerald witch, Harry says her name is McGongall, was passing out times tables. I snatched mine and Ron's at the same time, mumbling a 'thank you' as I read over the two schedules.

"Well?" Ron asked, shoving more food in his mouth. I rolled my eyes handing it back to him with a sigh.

"That's disgusting Ronald!" Hermione's scolding voice could probably be heard across the whole hall. It's really high pitched! I agreed though, wholeheartedly.

"Isn't he just?" Fred and George came up behind me. And they stole my toast! Grumbling, I grabbed another piece, buttered it, and began eating before they could take it.

"Well?" Harry asked, taking a bite of his own toast. I swallowed and took a drink before answering.

"Ron and I have all our lessons together. Thank goodness. 'Mione, wanna compare?" She handed her schedule to me, nodding vigorously. "All the same!" I squealed, handing it back. "Harry?" I asked, a little shyer this time. I could feel Hermione looking at me, but I ignored it. He handed the schedule over easily enough. "The same! We're all together all day! Even our free period!" I clapped my hands together, then handed Harry is schedule back.

The mail owls swooped overhead and I just managed to make out Errol. "Ron look!" I pointed to our family owl. He was wobbly, but looked okay. He swooped down in front of me and held out his leg. There were at least three letters. I had one from Ginny and one from Mum, Ron had one from Mum too! I handed him his and opened my own.

Gracie!,

Why didn't you write me yesterday? I've been so bored with out you! And last night I had a nightmare! I miss you so much! Write me back A.S.A.P!

Lots of Love,

Ginny.

I laughed a bit, then put the letter in my Transfiguration book. I'll reply later tonight. I opened Mum's letter next.

Dear Gracie,

How was your first day dear? Is everything going all right? What house are you in? Are the twins helping you? Have you made new friends? Let me know soon!