Chapter 5

July 15, 2013

Natalyn, Harry, and I spent the rest of the summer shifting back and forth between our human and animal forms. We've got the control part down. The Weasley's have been sending us post cards from Egypt too! Harry's birthday was really fun! He said he had a great time, and I got to spend the evening with him. Dad let us go to the park alone, but I'm pretty sure he watched us out the window. It was great though! Dumbledore came for his party too, and so did Uncle Lupin!

Anyway, the Weasley's get back tomorrow and today we're going to Diagon Alley. "Here's the floo Harry!" Dad said, letting Harry go first. He paled, looking really nervous.

"Uh, maybe I should do it!" I chirped, stepping into the fire place by a relieved looking Harry. "Diagon Alley!" Spinning, spinning, DON'T FALL GRACIE! Ouch.

"Are you okay?" Harry laughed, sticking out a hand to help me up. I scowled, brushing off my robes. Dad and Nat came through, saw me on the ground, and laughed. I took Harry's hand to get up, and when Dad turned around, I shot Nat the bird.

"Saw that!" Dad glared, turning around to face me. Oops.... He rolled his eyes, walking into the stationary shop. Always good to get boring out of the way first.

"So, excited to go back to Hogwarts?" I nodded, smiling at Harry.

"Maybe we can have a normal school year!" I giggled, walking into the robes shop. I outgrew mine last year. "Hello Madam Malkin!"

"Oh! Gracie! Need refitted?" She asked, coming around her desk. I nodded, smiling at her. Natalyn stepped out, talking about going to Flourish and Blotts to get our books.

"Nat!" She turned around real quick. She's been quieter since Fred left. I hope tomorrow she'll be happier, I miss my cousin! "Need new robes?"

"Yeah, we're the same height now so probably!"

"I'll get em!"

"Thanks Gracie! Hey, meet at the ice cream shop in an hour!"

"Okay! See you then!" I turned back to Madam Malkin.

"So robes for two?" I nodded again at the tailor in front of me. When I stepped up onto the stool, I noticed Harry watching me. "What's wrong prongs?"

"Hm? Oh nothing! Just wondering what this years going to be like. Your Uncle's teaching, you know that right?"

"Uncle Lupin!?" I shrieked, watching Harry chuckle and nod. I don't see how this is funny though. I'm the only one who really knows about his condition, others know he has a problem, but not what it is. I'm positive Dad knows though. He and James both. Stop thinking before he figures out something's wrong!

"He told us the night that the Weasley's came over. Wonder if Ron's having fun?" He mused, finally looking elsewhere. I nodded, welcoming the change of subject, relieved he didn't seem to notice the sudden panic that overtook me.

"I'm sure he is. You know him, big goof ball!" I giggled, hopping off the stool.

"Come back in a few hours and they'll be ready!" She said. I nodded, walking towards Harry. We laced our fingers together and walked out onto the street, looking for Nat or Dad.

"Well well, if it isn't Potter, and Mrs. Potter!" Malfoy smirked, making me blush and Harry scowl.

"What do you want Malfoy?"

"For you to stop dating my cousin!" He snapped, glaring at our hands.

"Not going to happen Draco!" I scoffed, stepping closer to Harry. He seemed pleased by my answer and wrapped his free arm around my waist.