Chapter 13

Last chapter left off on a cliffhanger. I couldn't stop there. I hate that so why would I inflict that pain on others? I wouldn't! Here ya gooooo!!!!

"Uh no!" I spun around, answering Uncle Moony's question.

"Yeah right! Mischief managed? We invented that. And I'm pretty sure it had our name on it!" Dad smirked, laughing at y failed attempt to make them leave. Well darn.

"Pft. We're working on our own project. But what's this map your talking about? Sounds interesting?" I crossed my arms, smirking. Dad rolled his eyes but Uncle Lupin pulled out his wand.

Well dang.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good!" The map reappeared, showing everyone. Including Percy. Who's dot was very close to Penelope Clearwaters......

I fake gasped. "What's that? How'd you do that Uncle Lupin? That's so cool!" He groaned, rolling his eyes, but Dad and Harry chuckled at me. Harry undid the map thingy and shoved it in his pocket.

"You don't give up do you?" Dad asked, laughing. I shook my head and smiled. "How's Gin doing?"

"Oh. Ron asked her on a date and she cracked!" I grinned, winking at him. He and Uncle Moony guffawed in laughter. Wiping fake tears from their eyes.

"I can't believe you and James didn't use that as a prank before!" He laughed, looking at Dad. Dad shook his head, acting like he was ashamed of himself. Suddenly, I miss my room at Grimmauld Place. Being able to talk to James and Lilly.

Don't start that Gracelyn. Your fine. Absolutely fine. Your having fun. When your home, you want to come back to Hogwarts, when your at Hogwarts you want to come home. Make up your mind!

"Relax. You guys can keep the map. I'm going back to the s-Grimmauld Place!" Dad sighed, running a hand through his hair. A waitress came up at that moment, staring at Dad.

"Your Sirius Black!" He nodded sheepishly. The girl is obviously going to flirt, but she looks nice. She's definitely very pretty. She looks to be about twenty eight. She's okay I guess. She looked down at me, and her eyes brightened. "Oh my gosh! You must be Gracie!"

"Uh, yeah?" I said, confused.

"Your dad used to talk about his little girl ALL the time! I always knew he was innocent and when I heard you proved it, oh! I knew you were a special kid!"

"Well, uh thanks?" I asked, looking between her and Dad. He studied her for a minute, then his eyes widened in recognition.

"Maxie?" She nodded, still smiling. "What are you doing here?"

"Rosemerta gave me a job. So nice right?" She laughed, pulling out her own pad. "Tell ya what, because your daughter is so gorgeous, and I missed you soo much, I'm going to treat you all to a free butter beer!"

"Really? Thanks Maxie!" Dad said, smiling. I watched her walk away before I turned to question him.

"Who was that?" He blanched, eyes widening. "Relax. She's pretty. I'm just wondering. You don't have to tell me Dad!"

He sighed in relief, pulling the chairs from his table over for Uncle Moony and himself. "Her name is Maxie. She's related to McGonagall. Her great granddaughter. She was put in Azkaban for four months because what she believed was an emergency, Fudge didn't."

"So she used magic in front of a muggle because of an emergency. But Fudge didn't find it so emergent?" He nodded. I scoffed. "Fudge is so stupid!"

"Your telling me!" Maxie sat the butter beers, grumbling about Fudge. "I take it you told her the story?" She grabbed a fifth bottle and a chair, pulled it up and sat down.