Chapter 16

"If your ready come and get it na na na na na, na na na na!" Nat and I were walking down to the lake. We have a while till dinner so we're just going to kill some time. We're just gonna sit there. Should be fun. Maybe. Probably not. I don't know. I was singing as quiet as I could, but she was still humming the tune beside me.

We finally reached our gang's favorite tree and sat down. "Oh! You missed the death day party!" She sniggered, looking at me.

"The what?"

"Sir Nicholas talked Harry into taking us all to the death day party. It was awful! All the food was rotten!" I laughed loudly.

"How'd Ron survive?" She shrugged her shoulders, snickering. I can only imagine his face, suddenly, Ginny's face from earlier popped into my head. I wonder if Nat's noticed?

"So. I have to ask. Have you noticed Ginny?" She nodded gravely.

"I think it's going to happen Gracie. I heard about your guy's adventure last year. Voldemort. I think he's coming back. That was only the beginning, and we have a long road ahead of," she whispered, facing me with a grim face. I nodded, I felt the tears pool, but I'm stronger than this. Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself, and I'm not scared. No, I wouldn't be as confident as Harry in Voldemort's presence. But I'm not afraid to die, especially if its in place of someone I love.

"Let him come. And when he does, we're going to get rid of him. Once and for all!" I nodded at the end of my sentence, trying to sound as brave as I could. We hugged really quick and then pulled apart. "There's been to much heavy lately. We need some fun! Wanna swim?" I wiggled by eyebrows, hoping she'd say yes.

"Yes!" We hopped up, tapping our clothes with our robes so they became swim suits. We checked, making sure no one was watching, I don't know if we're aloud to do this. Gosh I hope so! We jumped in, splashing around and having fun. There wasn't much we could do but just swim, but it felt good.

We went under water, seeing who could hold they're breath the longest. She cheated! She used magic I haven't learned yet! The bubble head charm. I beat her in the race though. I made the rules clear that time, no magic!

We were in the lake for hours. By the time we were done, it was dinner time. It was getting dark and the gates would be closing soon. "Come on dork!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the lake, picking up our wands and running towards the castle. I popped out robes back on at the last second, but once we go around a corner, we ran into the rest of the gang, who looked panicked. "What's going on?"

"Move please! I have to find it!" Harry pleaded, pushing past me. I looked to Ron and Mione, who shrugged, running towards him. Nat and I followed, I was panting hard, but I don't care. I have to know what's going on. We reached another turn and boom. Blood on the walls. Cat hanging by its tail, which was tied in a not. It looks like a statue, like when people take their pets when they die and stuff em. That's really creepy. I would be sad. It'd be like a constant reminder. And back to the situation at hand Gracelyn!

"Harry?" I whispered, my voice shaking. I walked up behind him, but my eyes never left Mrs. Norris. I have to admit, I was a bit frightened. Who would do that, even as a joke. She looks dead! Harry glanced over his shoulder, taking my hand and pulling me closer. Ron came up on my side, as did Nat, I pulled Mione to me, holding her hand as well. She had tears rolling down her cheeks, the poor girl looks absolutely horrified.

The wall read: 'The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware!'

The heir? The heir of what? The enemies of the heir beware. This is going to be another episode of last year, I have to know what that means! I need to go to the library, but not now. Soon. Where have I heard of the chamber of secrets?