Chapter 13

I'm not sure if I like the chapter. It just seems to far fetched.... I don't know though!!! This is a chapter I would really like some feedback on.. Let me know what you guys think!!!

There was a pecking outside the window above my head. You know, I'm really getting tired of being woke up in the mornings?

It was an owl, she had a letter in her beak, and another message tied to her leg. I opened the window and let her in, as I did so, I noticed the time, seven forty. Harry should be coming soon! I grabbed the letter on her leg to start with. It had curly hand writing, which means Dumbledore. I opened it first.

Miss Gracie,

Your father tells me you would like to speak to Mrs. Potter. I think I can I might be able to help with that. Come up to my office whenever you get a chance. I happen to like lemon drops!

Yours truly,

Albus Dumbledore

I read and reread the note over and over, but I can't quite comprehend it. All well. I'll go. I opened my dad's note next.

Dear Gracie,

I'm so glad your alright. And I have to tell you something, I'm not allowed to come see you, but you are allowed to come visit me. Professor Dumbledore has agreed to bring you, if I explained something to you. This is hard for me to tell you, and I hope you'll keep an open mind. I also need you to promise me that you won't tell anybody until its time.

I started to panic. What on earth could be this bad? Okay, relax Gracie. You're about to find out why you've gone with out a father all these years.

I'm in Azkaban.

I sucked in a breath, gasping for air. Azkaban? Why, what did he do? Okay, once again Gracie, calm down. Give him a chance. He said to keep and open mind. So do it. Let him explain. There's no way he'd tell you that with out telling you why. Just start reading again! Now! Okay now! Oh for heavens sake just do it!

But before you freak out, let me explain what happened. When Lilly and James died, they had a secret keeper who betrayed them. Peter. Or as we know him, Wormtail. I was the secret keeper, but I convinced Lilly and James that they should make someone else the secret keeper. I'm the one that convinced them to change it. And Peter Pettigrew betrayed them. I blame myself as much as I blame him.

Pettigrew ran. And I went to find him. I left you with your Uncle Lupin and told him if anything happened to take you to the Weasley's. I got to Peter and there were muggles all over the street. He thought he'd be safe with them. We were going to fight, when the coward staged his death. Killed all the muggles in the blow, he cut off his finger and transformed into a rat. He was an animagus. We all were, James, Lupin and I. I was caught, and carted to Azkaban.

Now you know the story. Once again, I ask you, do not tell anyone until its time for the truth to come out. But the main question is, do you want to come see me? Do you even want to speak to me anymore? If you don't write back, I'd understand.

Love,

Dad

This is a lot to process. But I'm not stupid. If what he said is true, I'm more concerned about Pettigrew. If I ever find him, I'll kill him. I scrawled a quick response on the back. It read: "your mental! Of course I'm coming you twit! I'm not going to loose my father over a misaccusation. You say when and I'll be there! Love, Gracie.xx"

Right as I sent it off, Harry and Natalyn came running through the door, fighting each other to my end of the hall. Nat had my brush and makeup bag in her hands. "I've got to help her get ready Harry!"