Chapter 21

I tripped when we landed and fell flat on my face, much to Dad's amusement. Scowling, I picked myself up and dusted myself off. "You okay?" Dad chuckled, wiping some dirt from my clothes. I nodded at him with a smile. I looked around the dark house, watching it brighten as Dad said a spell. "Would you like to see your grandmother? Not sure why you would, but you can if you like?"

"She's alive?" I asked, looking at him in confusement. If she is, why didn't she look after me?

"No. But there's a painting of her in the hall, it talks and acts just like she did. Kind of creepy actually!" He shuddered, grinning. I nodded and headed to the hall he pointed to. I saw the painting of an older women, who was watching me with raised eyebrows.

"And who are you?"

"I'm Gracelyn Black, your granddaughter!" I smiled, hoping she would warm up to me. Her voice was cold and heartless before.

"By who? Regulas, or Sirius?"

"I'm Sirius', but Natalyn, Regulas' daughter will be coming soon! Daddy's back and we're going to be living here! Harry too!"

"A bunch of free loaders no doubt! Why is this Harry coming? And Natalyn, when is she coming?" The cold woman asked, glaring at me through her portrait. She was making me a bit uneasy, but I tried not to show it.

"Well, she'll be living here on the summers, right now we all go to Hogwarts, so she may or may not come home for Christmas. And Harry isn't a free loader Grandmother, he's Dad's godson. You must know his father, James Potter? Them um, they were killed." I whispered, looking at my feet. It made me sad to think of Lilly. And I may not know James as well, but it hurts me almost as much to think of his death.

"That boy again? Almost never got Sirius to come home! Was always running off to his house. Such an awful boy. Always causing tro-" I threw a blanket over her portrait, she was insulting people who I considered family and she's quite irritating. A minute later I heard light snores from below said blanket.

"Peace at last!" I grumbled, spinning around to find Dad. But there was no need, he was already there, laughing his head off.

"Told you I didn't know why you would want to meet her! Can you see why I ran to James' house every second I got? They treated me like a second son there. They were good people!" He laughed as though a fun memory had surfaced in his mind, but his eyes were trained on the photo behind me. I nodded my head, turning to glare at it myself. "Hm. Well, I got your room straightened up. Your room and my room are officially ready. I moved a bed in there with Kreacher's help, and he's going to get food and things like that for the house. I also asked him to pick up some paint and bed sheets, new curtains, things like that!"

"Okay Daddy. I'll see you in the morning?" He nodded, I kissed his cheek before heading for the stairs. "Which ones mine?"

"Second door past the stairs! Night sweetheart!"

"Thanks Dad. Goodnight!" I jogged up the stairs, throwing the door of my room open. It was beautiful! The walls were a light blue with photos everywhere. On one wall, all the photos were of Harry and I as babies. We were holding hands in some, hugging in the others, in one Harry was even holding me. They were moving, so it showed him picking me up and spinning me in a circle, making me laugh and giggle.

The next wall was pictures of Dad and I. All sorts of different pictures. Him holding me, holding my hand, helping me walk, they were all perfect. The third wall had a large picture of all of us, Lilly and James holding Harry with Dad holding me beside them. Harry and I were holding hands and everyone was smiling at us. The rest was an assortment of pictures. Some with Lilly and I, others where James was holding me. Some with me and Harry, and others with Dad.