Chapter 6

"Okay. Gracie, go with Harry and make sure he gets out alright!" I shot my head up to look at my Mum, Natalyn and I had been in the middle of the conversation so I had to make sure I knew what she said.

"Go with Harry?" She nodded at me. "Okay!" I shrugged my shoulders and stepped towards the fireplace. "Coming?" He walked over with out a word and stood beside me. "Do you want to do it or should I?"

"I'll give it a go!" He took a handful of floo powder threw it down and yell 'die-again-alley'.

"What wait no! Oh crap!" We started spinning and all that jazz, and then we were thrown on the floor of a shop called Borgin and Burkes. The Malfoy's were in here, but I don't care. I see the exit and I'm going for it.

"Harry! Come on!" I pulled on his arm but he was looking at something I had just seen Malfoy look at. Eugh, my cousin. Blech. I pulled again and this time he came. Once we were outside of the store, I knew where we were, but I didn't know how to get back. "Harry, the is Knockturn Alley!" I whispered, shrinking back into the shadows.

"Stay behind me!" He pushed me behind him and started walking, normally I would argue this, but right now, I'd probably be here anyway. A bunch of people crowded around us. Some said things like 'pretty little girl' and reached out to touch me, but Harry stopped them. Others were more concerned with the boy who lived. Others wanted us to buy these creepy things.

"Harry? An' is that Gracie? What are you two doin' 'ere? Come here!" We ran to Hagrid quickly, he sent all those people scurrying off and then he struck up a conversation with Harry as he led us back to Diagon Alley. "Don't want people to see ya round there! They'll think your up ter no good!"

"Hagrid, if you don't mind my asking. What were you doing in Knockturn Alley?" Harry looked up at him with interest, apparently he was just as interested in my question as I was.

"Oh I was looking for some Flesh Eating Slug Repellent!" He held up the jug and gave me a small smile. I returned it quickly. "Here we are!" Hermione was standing outside a shop, standing on her tip toes, probably looking for us. As soon as she saw us, she came running and gave me a hug. I then realized that I was still very close to Harry and still hiding, though I don't know what from.

"Everyone's been waiting for you! Gilderoy Lockhart's going to autograph everyone's books! Oh Harry! What happened to your glasses? Oculas Reparo!" I watched as she fixed his glasses instantly.

"Thanks Hermione!"

"Your welcome! Now come on!" She grabbed Harry's arm and took off, Harry responded by grabbing my hand and pulling me into the book store with him.

"Bye Hagrid!" I waved over my shoulder, he waved back with a small laugh and then turned to be on his way. Sighing, we entered the shop, which was a complete madhouse! Hermione let go of Harry's hand once we reached the Weasley's, but he never let go of mine. A reporter with a flashing camera danced around, trying to get a picture of Lockhart. He shoved Ginny and I, so I reacted how any normal person would. I elbowed him, shoving him back, but then hid behind Harry when he stopped.

"Blimey! Your Harry Potter!" He grabbed Harry's hand to drag him up front, but when he got my added weight due to our entwined hands, he stopped short again. "Are you the girlfriend?" I opened my mouth to speak but didn't get a chance. "Get up there!" He shoved us in front with Gilderoy who grabbed Harry in a one arm hug. I hid behind Harry again, I hate having my picture taken unless I want it taken, and right now, I don't want it taken!

Harry placed and arm over my shoulder and I turned into his side, just barely showing my face and smiling slightly. "Nice big smile Harry! Together you and I will make the front page! Your girlfriend is good for publicity as well!" The cameras flashed numerous times, then Lockhart released Harry, who kept me tucked safe behind him. "Ladies and gents! May I have your attention please?" Everything got really quiet. "When young Mr. Potter entered Flourish and Blotts today, he had every intention of buying my complete works for his school year at Hogwarts. Little did he know, he'd be leaving with all of them, signed, and completely free of charge! And not only will he have my autobiography, Magical Me, he and his schoolmates will have the real, magical me. Yes, in the fall I will be taking up post as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher!" He handed Harry a big stack of books and the cameras flashed again and again.