Chapter 15

July 2, 2013

"Oi! Wake up Gracelyn!" I woke up at the call of my full name. It was Malfoy. I rolled over with a groan.

"What?" I snapped, sitting up and running my fingers through my hair.

"We're here!" I nodded, thanked him quietly, then turned to wake up Mione.

"Come on let's go!" I squealed, pushing her off the bench of the train. She woke up and we grabbed out trunks, shoving them on a trolly and running off the train. Uncle Lupin was waiting for us on the platform.

"Hello girls!" He engulfed me in a hug and even hugged Hermione. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great Uncle Lupin!"

"I'm fine sir, and you?"

"Just fine thank you!" He smiled brightly at Hermione. "How's the arm? Who won the cup?" He asked, turning to me. He took our trolley for us and led us over to a car which we would take to the burrow and then apparate.

"Oh it's fine! And Gryffindor of course! In that last match, we did brilliant! Katie, Angelina, and I work well together. We faked a bunch of scores so that we would have clearer shots. And right as I scored again, Harry caught the snitch. The match was in the bag!" I whooped, fist pumping the air. Uncle Lupin laughed.

"She really is a brilliant player! She scored the most points out of all four teams!" Uncle Lupin turned to look at me but I looked at Hermione.

"I did?" She nodded.

"You helped Angelina and Katie get in the running too! But what really pushed you ahead is the one where you kept stealing the quaffle from the Ravenclaws and then scoring!" I looked at her in disbelief.

"You kept track?"

"Well duh! Your like my sister!" Uncle Lupin laughed some more and helped us into the car.

"Awe! Mione!" I hugged her tightly once we were in the back seat. She laughed and hugged back. We chattered in the back seat the whole time, pulling Uncle Lupin into the conversation every now and then.

"So Uncle Lupin," yes, Hermione calls him that now. "How did you become Gracie's Godfather?" He looked at us in the rearview mirror.

"That's easy. There were three of us, and we were all best friends, her father is James son's godfather, I'm hers, and James would have been my child's," a look of sadness flashed through his eyes when he said James' name. I felt a pang of sadness myself.

"So you, my dad, and Harry's dad were bestfriends? Like me and Harry?" I asked, digging for more info. He nodded, smiling a bit.

"They were four of us, just like your group!" He smiled wider, looking at the two of us. "I'm disappointed we didn't stick together, but what did it was James' death. We would have stuck together if it weren't for that. Your father loved James like a brother, he fell apart when he died," he looked sad when he spoke, and tears brimmed my eyes.

"Who is he?" I whispered, looking at my lap.

"I'm so sorry Gracie. I can't tell you!" He whispered, looking at the two of us in the mirror. I nodded, my head, smiling at him.

"I understand. It's not your place to tell me. I'm just curious!" I smiled at him and he smiled back. Mione placed an arm over my shoulder in a comforting way.

"Shall we stop and eat?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood. Mione and I jumped up and down, smiling. "Hermione, would you know anywhere we could eat? A muggle restaurant? I have to say, I'm not good with these things!" He smiled at us again, laughing a bit.