The Big Mistake (Chapter 18)

A tear slipped out of my eyes. He looked scared, disappointment and at most just sad. I feel horrible but I don't want to ruin his life with a baby and a marriage where he's stuck with me. I do not want him sticking onto a girl that was just his friend, or taking care of his baby that's not his. Even then, Ryan could not actually be put in jail besides the six months and may come out with revenge. I do not want him to have to handle any drama he did not ask for. That caused a tear to drip from my eyes as I turned my back against him. I loved this man to death which is why I couldn't take his freedom from him.

"Why!? Why won't you marry me!?" He shouted standing up and slamming the door shut.

"Because...I can't do that to you." I replied turning around to face him as he moved passed me.

"Do what!? I want this! I'm the one who is asking!" He screamed anger filling his tone and eyes.

"To ruin your life...To regret living and even being with me." I spoke softly touching his bare back with my finger tips.

Slowly I wrapped my arms around him and let my hands sit on his torso. We rocked side to side for a little bit. I smiled against his skin and moved my hair out of my face, slowly pulling away from me. He let my hands slip from beneath his, starring at the ground as silence crept on us like a virus.

"Danny...Make sure you know this is what you want. Not just doing this because I have a baby and your my boyfriend. Do it because you know you want this." I speak finally looking down as I tried to figure out what to do next. I didn't know if I should leave him to think, or wait for a response he may not give to me.

He slowly nodded. I felt him move his arm and his hands slipped into mine. Still my body was close to his back and I laid on his skin, feeling his lungs expand slowly as he sniffed. I close my eyes and thought about the last five minutes we have just went through. He seemed so sad when I said no, his eyes getting glossy from the growing tears before they were replaced with those tears, no one ever wants to see.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life feeling like you don't want to be here. There, wherever we are. With me." I whispered lifting my head, to scared to look him in his the eyes, slowly I add, "I will be proud to call you my husband." I smiled, "Will you be proud to call me your wife?"

With that I let go of him and walked out of the room. Before I got downstairs I felt his warm hands slip into mine. I wiped away the tears that had escaped and stared out into the living room. I heard his soft footsteps behind me until his breath fanned my neck.

"Promise me that you will wait." He spoke softly. "Promise me that you will be here in any type of way when I need you. As a friend, and a girlfriend. Promise me you will wait for me."

I nodded, "I promise to wait for you. But if I'm like fifty I don't think I can wait. I have needs."

He laughed, "I can help you with that right now."

He slowly walked into the room and closed the door after me. I laughed and laid on the bed watching Danny slide between my legs and looked me in my eyes. I grabbed his cheek and he smirked kissing me and pushing me back on the pillows. He slowly pulled away and I stared at him giggling.

"I love you." He whispered kissing my stomach softly. I smiled at him then he gave me a kiss on the mouth.

"And I love you." I whispers. He slowly came up again and kissed me. His lips softly touched mine and I slipped my tongue in his mouth pulling him closer to me.

Later on in the day Rayna was dropped off at the house. I was excited I missed my baby and so did Danny.  I was so happy, I had to wake her up just to hold her."Come on, Munchkin." I whispered taking Rayna out of the her car seat and sat on the couch.