The Big Mistake (Chapter 2)

I got out of the car and pulled my bag over my shoulder as I approached the door. I slowly turned the knob and walked into my house. He was here and I could smell the cologne all through the house. Fear went through me as I slowly put my bag down on the floor beside the closet. My heart was thumping as I slowly walked into the kitchen. I was exhausted, and had only stopped finishing my crying session seconds ago. I was scared, and seeing him. The man I used to call my Uncle, with a big fat smile on his face made my  muscles shiver.

"Good afternoon, Liza." Dad called out walking down the steps, which was located to the left of the kitchen and smiled as he sat down his mug. It was white stating "Father of the Year" In black. He quickly grabbed the coffee pot from beneath coffee machine and looked down at it.

"Morning, Dad." I replied as I shoved my hands inside of my jacket. I look to Ryan, the man who impregnated me. He just glanced at me as if it was a normal day. I spoke, slowly and quietly trying to push back the tears pushing their way into my eyes, ""Hello Ryan." I spoke looking away from him and to my farther who gave me a confused look.

"Liza, you don't look good. What did the doctor tell you?" He questioned coming closer and putting the back of his hand on my forehead.

"I'm pregnant." It just came out, I didn't mean for if too. But it did and I felt great about it. I guess my plan has gone to garbage now. I was scared still, now it was time for everyone's reaction.

"What did you say?" He asked taking a step backwards and looking me in my eyes. 

"Dad... I'm going to be mother at eighteen." I replied hiding my stomach as guilt went through me and I looked away and to Ryan who was stuck in his position.

His eyes showed full disappointment as he slowly sat his cup of coffee down on the island and walked passed me upstairs. A few tears escaped my eyes as I looked over at Ryan. His eyes widened as shocked filled them and the words I spoke finally got to his brain.

"This is your fault." I spoke. Dan turned back to Ryan as anger took his features.

"Did you rape her?" He asked slowly standing from his seat.

"No." Ryan shook his head.

"Well I didn't want to do it." I chipped in as the nausea feeling I had earlier came back to haunt me. I wrap my arms around my body and closed my only for a second, opening them once my fathers face of regret filled my brain.

"I'll deal with you later." Dan spoke grabbing his coat, "Right now I need to deal with her farther. You should be gone before I get upstairs."

Dan walked upstairs and I heard my dad's door shut. I looked at Ryan as he approached me.

"I will be back for that damn baby." He murmurs, and with that he was out of the house. I turned around watching the door shut as I let my fears flow freely. I ran to my room slamming the door shut and cried harder.

None of this would have happened if I didn't just listen to my dad and not go to the party. I needed a stress reliever. It was my junior year, and it was the finals for first semester. I had been struggling with my physic class for some reason. Elizabeth suggested I needed time to myself and I needed to get away from my books, even if it was just for the night. We only got an hour into the party before the cops came in to shut it down. I was blown from the liquor, could barely see straight nor could I walk straight. A cop brought me in and I had to sleep it off. When I called Dan to come pick me up, Ryan answered. My dad could not find out I landed myself in jail, I was across, in a whole other state where no one from the school knew who I was. On the other hand and my dad would have shut me down. Anytime I did something wrong, he shut me out. Because if I looked bad he looked bad, and we can't have a bad looking mayor.