Just Another Pregnant Teen (8)

I was officially eight months pregnant and the day this baby is going to be delivered is coming quick. After having a deep talk with my mother about everything happening including the Stacey situation she told me I needed to speak. Amy was not wrong in having to fight my battles for me, and this was giving me a chance to grow up. She said I need to find the father of my baby, because it will benefit me as well as Aiden. I need to think more about Aiden, but I can not forget about myself. What will help me help him? I need to find him, do a test then put him on child support. Even if he is only giving me a hundred dollars every other week, it might end up giving us a meal for the next week. I was just grateful she sat and talked with me, and she even helped me build a birth plan, which was something I have not thought about.

I hear a knock and slowly got up to open the door for everyone. Its been three weeks since I talked to either Justin or Amy. They have tried to contact me, but I ignored. I know with the pregnancy hormones I was probably taking things a little more seriously than I should. Justin was not mine, it was a silly high school crush. Who I was to say who either of them can date? Amy was my best friend and I did not want to ruin that over some boy who might not even be here tomorrow. 

"You guys hungry?" I ask, they shook their heads and smiled at me as I sat down and put a cover over my body.

"So. We have to tell you something." She whispers watching and I nod for her to go on, "So I found out some information about the father of your baby which is Justin and I went to talk to him but things were happening and we ended up getting a little too close, we started you know having fun. I went over when you found us to tell him to tell the truth, that you need to know. I am trying my hardest  to be a good friend, but it is so hard to know when to step over a line or not or to just shoot everyone down for you or not."

"Amy, calm down. It was just my hormones. I understand." I replied with a smile. She sighed and everyone just laughed.

That's when it hit me.

"So. We have to tell you something. So I found out some information about the father of your baby which is Justin-"

"Did you just say that Justin was the father of my baby?" I ask sitting up from my laid back position and let the cover drop on the floor.

"Yeah." She whispered.

"How long? How long have you fucking known that Justin was my baby daddy!? Huh Amy!? Your suppose to be my goddamn best friend!" I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my face.

"And when were you going to say something, Justin!?" Stacey yelled looking over at Justin.

"Umm. I didn't know when to say something." He said.

"Really? You could have said when you came to say sorry, when we found out the gender. Every single time you saw me." I listed, "I can't believe this!"

"I thought it was best coming from him." Amy whispers and lifted her hand to wipe the fallen tear. I just roll my eyes and shook my head. I stared her down then waited as she watched me then spoke, "You were mad at me, Nya. You don't answer my calls, or the door when I knock. I am not going to beg you for a friendship."

"All you need to do is be honest." I hiss, "Text it to me, slide a note or tell me when you first find out and let me speak to him." She nodded and I laugh in anger, "Why does it feel like you just choose this man over me, Amy?" She shook her head and began to cry harder lifting her shirt over her face, "I am sitting down here by myself, hurt that I am putting a human child in this world like this and you are above me having sex with him. Having sex with the dummy who did not bring a condom to a party. Not allowing him to take responsibility but yelling at me every chance you can. Like really, dude?" 

I shake my head and turned once Stacey spoke, "Justin, you watched me struggle by myself for the past year, why would you think it would be fine to sit there and watch Nya when this is your baby too?" She lifted Michelle and sat on her her lap giving her a toy.

Justin spoke, "I didn't know for sure. I thought I wrapped up, but Amy told me it was her first time. If I had sex with her then it was mines. The condom must have broke, but she was not so eager to find the baby daddy, I wasn't so eager to become one."

I laugh and stood up, "Well get ready. He gets here in two months. I will put you on child support if I need to. You are not running away from this baby." I stared him deep into his eyes then turned leaving the room.

I was very confused on what just happened. Instead of feeling anger my feelings were kind of just hurt. I can not believe that out of all the things Amy could have kept from me she kept that. Justin was the the father of my son, and he lived right there. It explained the constant sharing, always being around and even the moment of silence he always fell into once I brought up the baby and labor. I just don't know if I will ever forgive either of the two. 

I sat on the bed and just stared at the wall. I can't sleep no point in trying. Instead I just did some reading for my English class. With all the fighting I wasn't even able to talk to Stacey about our situation. I guess it was best to do it alone anyways. I decided to text her, asking her to come down if she could so we could talk.

I look  up once the room door opened and smiled as she climbed on the bed then turned looking at me. I exhale as I smiled and closed my book before sitting it on my nightstand. I did not know where to start so I decided to bring up what happened with Amy and Justin. 

"How do you feel about Justin being the father?" I question and smiled as she shook her head obviously stressed about the situation. 

"It is so annoying. I don't know what we are but it is obviously more than friends and it just sucks that my nephew is in there. It makes things very weird." She explained and I slowly nodded then smiled. 

"I don't know what this is but I like it. It is nice to feel attractive by someone. I know I am a whale and I breath loudly-" 

"I have been through pregnancy." She whispers and I smile, "I think your a beautiful person. I don't know either, Nya. But I am also happy and very comfortable. I value our friendship more than anything so if we can have fun and still be friends after that is what I want." 

I nod in agreeance and smiled laying on the pillow. She turned off the light then giggled before moving closer then kissing my head. It took my less than five minutes to go to sleep and I was out like a light in no time.

The next morning I went to go see my son and my mom came with me. I was laid back on the bed and just smiling as the doctor printed out the pictures of Aiden. I giggled once he left to grab them then brought them back to me. My mom just stared at the picture of my baby and I exhaled as I sat up slowly. 

"I am so proud of you, Nya." She whispers and slowly looked up at me,  "I know I hurt you really bad with the kicking you out thing, I might have taken things a little to far." 

I smiled, "It taught me how to depend on myself. At home I did not have to cook for myself and I got reminded to take my medicine or to take a shower. I had to remember on my own. I had to learn how to prioritize and learn to pay bills and set up all the appointments. I even had to find a way to get there. This only built the strength I need when he does get here. So I can handle being a single mother. So I can handle being alone with him. I can't live with you forever, Mom. I realize that and I am happy I learned that now. Create something comfortable for my son instead of going from here to there. I can not do that to him. You didn't do that to me, Mommy. I am so thankful for you." 

She nodded and wiped her eyes, "I was just very scared for you, Nya. My baby is having a baby." 

"I know. But, I got this." 

She laughed, "That is what's crazy. I know you do." 

I smiled and looked down. She rubbed my stomach and we just laughed once feeling him move inside of me. I was happy we had this talk. I needed my mom, and she was going to be there for me no matter what. I hope I can be a good mom like that to Aiden.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*