“Now who’s lying,” he accused with a bark of laughter. I looked at him shocked. How could he possibly tell I was lying? No one knew I was lying, ever. “If you’re wondering how I know your lying, the reason is you have a tell. The left side of your lip quirks up slightly. Why are you lying?” he wonders aloud.

“Nuh uh. It’s my turn to ask the question now. My question to you is,” I thought for a moment contemplating my questions, “where were you coming from before you got on Flight 21?”

“Well, my parents were going to hand the family business down to me and I was in Europe checking out all the places the business ran through and learning the ropes I guess.” Maybe it’s because Trent was always talking and saying stuff, but I was expecting that answer to be a bit more. “Well you already know my next question,” he said with a knowing smile, “or do you need me to repeat it?”

“No it’s fine,” I sighed. He’s the first one I’ll be telling this since I’ve never been caught before. “I lied because well, it sucked, big time. It was with my boyfriend and well I felt nothing after that.” That memory was not the best, but still not the worst.

“You know it’s not always bad. You just have to find someone who’s good at it. Let’s say me for example,” he said with a cocky smirk. I glared at him but he held his arms up defensively, “Hey, it’s only an example but if you want to. . .”

“You know what I am not going to have this talk with you. And from now on try to ask normal questions. Anyways it’s my turn,” I thought for a moment. Was there anything about Trent that I really wanted to know? “Wait. How old are you exactly?”

“I’ll be 19 in about two more weeks. I was supposed to take over the family business when I turned 19 but with the recent change of events, my brother will have to run it till I’m back. But I guess that’s fine with me,” he shrugged off, “do you have any siblings?”

“No I’m an only child. And my parents don’t really like kids. I was kind of an accident being born,” I nodded trying to stop the tears that always entered my eyes from the topic. “I wish I had a big brother or a little sister or something, but then again, they could end up as bad as I did.”

“You didn’t end up bad,” Trent said softly, putting a hand on my bare shoulder causing me to shiver slightly. We walked in a small silence until he spoke again. “I wish I was an only child sometimes. My brother Than is younger than me by less than a minute but he always makes my life hell. He’s cool at times though, when he’s being a jackoff.”

“What kind of name is ‘Than’ anyways?” I laugh to myself. He smiled a bit more. “And you guys are twins aren’t you?” I realize.

“Hey that’s two questions,” he said teasingly. “And yes, we are twins, but don’t worry I got all the looks on the family,” he smirked. “Oh, and Than’s just his nickname. His name’s actually Nathaniel. My mom named him and my dad named me.”

“Hmm,” I hummed quietly. The small noises around us were all we heard for a while. The rustling of the trees through the soft breezes of wind, out slow, steady breathing. No animals were in sight. Actually I expected to have a few run-ins with wild animals but nothing so far. We continued to walk through the forest, pushing branches and vines out of our way.