forgotten chapter

so i don't know if you guys remember that i posted an authors note saying that i forgot to post chapter 17 like the dumb ass i am, okay so i decided to post it and honestly i don't think i ever finished it... LOL... but here it is, probably nothing important the pertained to chapter 16 or 18 since y'all never noticed... C-DIZZLE OUT (that wasn't funny but i'm laughing)

Chapter 17

Leah's POV

Walking through the door of my house felt slightly different. Normally, I'd walk in an expect an empty home but this time I was with Ashton. What I wasn't expecting was for Michael and Calum to be sitting on my couch with worried faces once I walked through the door.

"Leah!" Calum jumped off the couch, hugging me tightly. He earned a glare from Ashton which scared Cal a little bit and he backed off. He extended his arm and introduced himself to Ash. "Hi, I'm Calum."

Ashton stared at his hand for a bit before shaking it, "Hug my sister like that again and I'll kick your ass."

"Ashton!" I knew he was over protective but jesus, he didn't need to be so rude. "Calum is just my friend okay?"

He shook his head and apologized to Cal. "Weren't you on the football team with me?" They both thought for seconds before he spoke up again, "you were! The scrawny kid that hardly played but ended up being the best god damn player on the team. We called you Asian for most of the season."

"Yeah," Cal rolled his eyes, "That was me." They began talking about the season and how Calum left the team while I sat next to Michael.

He glared at me before intertwining our fingers together, "What was this whole fight about Leah?" There was no leaving Michael's tight grip around my hand which meant I had to explain.

"Amber called Emily and I whores. It bothered me," I explained. He let go of my hand, laughing. "It's not funny!"

"It kind of is," he threw a pillow at my face. "Calum told me you got her good. Her nose was bleeding and you left a black eye." He grabs my other hand, watching my bruised knuckles closely. "You should put some ice on this."

He stood up and walked into the kitchen where the other two boys were. I followed closely behind, opening the fridge and grabbing a frozen bag of peas. It stung a little to put on my hand but it all came with a very good price of beating Amber up.

Ashton had prepared a huge surprise dinner for my mom, Emily, and I. He made me in charge of getting Emily home so I texted her saying it was an emergency but she didn't budge. I had to use a huge excuse saying I was going to the hospital and she needed to be home.

"Mom should be getting home soon," I informed Ashton who was now adding finishing touches to the food.

We invited Michael and Calum to stay over for dinner since they were basically part of the family, or at least Mike was. He used to be over every day after school until he graduated and made girls his number one priority. I didn't mind much, he couldn't be tied down to a girl if he was always over at my house.

"So, Leah," Ashton called my attention, "Who's this boy that hurt you? Mikey's been texting me about him."

Oh shit. I couldn't tell him it was Luke because he knew him from the football team. Knowing Ashton, he'd go after him in a heartbeat. "I-uh, no one." I glared at Mikey as he put his hands up in defense.

"Why won't you tell me?" He tensed up.

"Ash, you're pretty scary and I don't want you scaring more boys away," I explained as he put the finishing touches to his food. He walked over to the table sitting next to Michael who was sitting across from Calum and me.