0.3

Leah's POV

Oh yes, the school hallways were filled with the over excited freshman who thought we were going to break out in song like high school musical and all become friends. The bathrooms were filled with snobby girls who needed to check their make up for the rest of school, and then there was people like me. Trying to get past the annoying crowds of cheerful people who were excited to see their fake friends and just get to class.

You'd think that on the fifth day of school people would be over the whole 'first week of school' stuff, but it's only just begun.

I made a pit stop at my locker to grab my skateboard from inside which I accidently forgotten yesterday. I don't even know how I managed to forget, I take it everywhere with me. But yesterday was an exception because I was feeling completely off and get throwing up every couple of hours. I should've gone home early, but I didn't want to miss anything for the first day's school.

Besides, I couldn't miss saying a normal hello and goodbye to Luke in the hallways. It was nothing more than just that, a simple wave in the morning and a goodbye after class. We never said 'how's your day going' or anything like that. Part of me thought it was because he was embarrassed to be seen talking to me in front of his football friends but I hadn't seen him hanging out with any of them. Except for one.

Calum Hood happened to be the schools best football player, Luke next to him. They were best friends so take it that's who he went to football camp with. Luke had only ever hung out with him, it was as if they both isolated themselves from the 'popular' crowd and became their own little group.

Luke was standing a couple lockers down from me, and he was looking exceptionally good today. His hair was up in a quiff, which was different, and he was wearing a completely different attire. His pants were skinny, black, and ripped at the knees while his shirt was also black and had holes at the top. Those blue piercing eyes were shining brightly today, they were almost glowing. I couldn't help but stare.

He caught onto my eyes and waved hello, and I did the same back. Once I realized that I was running late, I hopped onto my skateboard and skated down the hall. They usually give demerits for skating on school grounds but all the principles loved me. They never had a problem with it, they even made jokes about how my feet were permanently glued onto my skateboard.

~

School was school, but I was glad that I was sitting in my last period, English, with only five minutes left of class. Luke was in this class, which made the end of the day so much better. The fact that almost the whole football team was in this class made it worse.

Still, Luke isolated himself from the annoying perverts that the school adored. He sat himself right next to me today, which was odd because I thought this 'friendship' was only waving hi's and bye's in the hall. Nevertheless, I shouldn't have been complaining because I got to glimpse at Luke every so often and get some of the answers from him. I think he noticed that I was copying because he would chuckled every time I glimpsed.

The bell rang rather fast which caught me off guard. I grabbed all my stuff quickly so I could get the hell out of there. It was Friday which meant another night of catastrophe and TV.

I didn't expect for Luke to tap my shoulder and ask, "Do you want to come over to my house for a movie or something?" Like I said, I couldn't speak to anyone besides Michael so all I did was nod.

We walked out of the school completely silent. I didn't know what to say, I was awkward around boys except for when I was drunk and we all know what happened the first time I ever got drunk.

I got on my skateboard and skated very slowly to keep up with Luke. I didn't mind not going fast, it was always relaxing for me to skate regardless of speed.