1.9

Chapter 19

Leah's POV

I threw my hoodie over my mess of a hair and walked into the rather loud school. It was much noisier this morning, maybe it was because of my massive hang over, but it was still annoying.

Calum was waiting at my locker, laughing once he saw me. "I didn't think you'd show up," he smiled widely, stepping aside so I could open my locker.

"Why wouldn't I?" Stuffing things into the tiny space, I glared at him though he couldn't see through my glasses. He shrugged and leaned on the lockers beside him. "This hangover won't stop me, I can't miss anymore school."

"Have you talked to your brother?" he slides out his phone, typing away rapidly.

"Not at all, I spent the night with Michael and borrowed some of his clothes," I pointed out to the outfit I was wearing. "Why what's up?"

His fingers were tapping away at the device, "Don't know how, but he got my number and has been threatening me ever since. He thinks you slept over and we, you know."

Groaning and rolling my eyes, I pull my phone out of my pocket and send a quick message to Ashton.

To Ashton:

I did not sleep with Calum. And I'm okay. I spent the night with Michael and I hate you. Don't threaten my friends. Bye.

From Ashton:

You better not be dating him

To Ashton:

You know what, yes Ash I'm dating Cal, fuck outta my life bro

From Ashton:

I'm going to have a serious talk with that fucker

"What did you say to Ashton?" Calum groaned from beside me as we walked to our first period.

"That we're dating," I laughed, sitting at my seat, Calum following after me. Thank god our teacher let us pick where we wanted to sit.

"But we aren't!" he whisper shouted so no one overheard. "He's going to kick my ass!"

I irrupted in laughter as everyone began to pile in, Luke stumbling in with the crowd. He wasn't even this class, what the hell? "Go along with it."

"Fine, but I need to ask you if we're going to be doing this for the day." He jokingly placed himself on one knee and took my hand in his, "Leah Irwin, will you be my girlfriend?"

I chuckled as everyone in the room began to look at us as if were crazy, Luke included. Ignoring him, I replied with, "Of course I will Calum Thomas Hood!" The whole class cheered, including the teacher.

"I didn't think anyone was listening," Calum laughed as he sat back in his seat, cheeks red.

"Who knew you two would be a couple!" The teacher chirped, handing some papers back to the tall blonde who ran out as soon as he received the papers. What the hell?

I shrugged, "What can I say Mr. Simon, Calum's just too hot to resist." I winked at him, making Cal's cheeks flush.

~

School finally ended and I promised I'd wait for Cal by his car. I was finally feeling better from my hangover. Everything felt crystal clear when Cal had asked me to be his pretend girlfriend. Word went around school and everyone thought we were being serious about it, I even believed it.

I could hear the clicking of heels and an annoying giggle. Amber. I turned my head slightly revealing the two love birds behind me. Gross. Seconds later, the sound of her heels began fading, and I sighed because I wouldn't have to see that monster again today.

No but instead I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Leah!"

Luke. "What the hell do you want?" I spat, shaking his hand off my shoulder.

"Are you seriously dating Calum?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "What does it matter to you?"

He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at the floor, "Nothing, bye." With that, he ran off the opposite way of where I was walking.

Okay, that was weird. I spun on my heels and faced a frowning Calum walking towards me. "What did he want?!"

"He wanted to know if we were dating," I scoffed. "Out of everything he asks if we're dating, not even a 'how are you doing?' 'I'm sorry for everything'. Nope just a flat out 'are you dating Calum'."

"Well, he should know that you're mine now," he smirks, lacing out fingers together as we begin walking to his car.

"Wait you're serious?" I ask, looking down at our intertwined hands.

He grinned, "It was until now, so what do you say date?"

Should I go on a date with Cal? I thought we were just friends, especially because he was Luke's best friend, was. But it still felt wrong of me to say yes. Then again, Luke was the one being an asshole to everyone. And he was no longer apart of my life no matter how much I sort of missed him.

Whatever decision I made wasn't going to bring Luke running back to me, so why the fuck not? He can't control me anyhow.

"Sure," I smiled, tightening my grip on his hand.

a/n not the best update, I know.

I lied, maybe she is going to have a thing with Cal, whoops.

haven't updated because I started college (incase you don't read invisible I've been talking non stop about college) and I hardly have anytime. Also, I've been updating invisible way too much because it's a book for my friend so she's been making me update (ya know how friends are, annoying, just kidding, maybe not)

on another note, my update days will be Friday-Sunday depending if I'm available. I probably won't update all three days, depends the mood I'm feeling.

Also, go read invisible.

Also, please become famous and make me your groupie and support me because I hate college. Okay bye.

p.s you're never too old to be a fangirl. xx